PARC Controller to grow and develop finance organization to the highest level of performance
About the Job
Ensure the monthly closing of PARC’s books
- Approve and post monthly journal entries.
- Manage and analyze Intercompany transactions with parent company, Xerox.
- Participate with the team in Revenue Recognition meeting and make decisions regarding revenue recognition issues.
- Perform analysis of doubtful accounts on a quarterly basis.
- Complete closing steps for Costpoint on a monthly and annual basis.
Perform the following tasks during the month
- Approve exception expense reports in Concur.
- Approve Purchase Requisitions.
- Approve wire transactions.
- Approve account reconciliations in the Blackline System. Work with staff to help troubleshoot reconciling items.
- Aid and troubleshoot expense and Pcard transactions and reporting for PARC personnel.
Perform the following plan, outlook and assessment duties
- Submit plans into Xerox’s FP&A systems.
- Submit California Sales Tax returns and payments on a quarterly basis.
- Submit New York State Sales Tax Return on an annual basis.
- Complete County of Santa Clara property Tax submission on an annual basis.\
- Degree in Accounting
- Ability to develop, mentor and guide finance staff
- Ability to sort through complex issues, translate and communicate them in a clear, concise manner and develop appropriate solutions in a timely and responsive manner
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K. PARC also strives for the best possible work-life balance, so employees benefit from maternity, paternity and adoption leave, as well as a variety of flexible working options. PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (see http://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
PARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with PARC should contact PARC Human Resources.