Summary : Diesel Mechanic performs all diesel engine, transmission and front to back truck repairs. Demonstrates highest level of knowledge and experience to diagnose and repair both simple and complex truck systems. Maintain current knowledge of mechanics and mechanical test equipment. Experience with Cummins and Detroit Diesel and Daimler engines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Performs all diesel engine, transmission and front to back truck repairs. Including suspensions, brakes, ABS Systems, drive-lines, air systems, A/C systems, electrical, after treatment systems.
- Inspect engines or transmissions for conformance to standard. Diagnose cause of non-conformance. Identify corrective action necessary to correct non-conformance.
- Diagnose and repair basic equipment wiring.
- Obtain parts from stock
- Maintain clean working area and tools.
- Complete all required paperwork
- Good verbal communication skills
Job Requirements :
- Must have minimum 5 years maintenance experience with class 8 Trucks.
- Must have current class A CDL
- Must have own tools
- Must be able to meet physical requirements
- Welding Experience
Typical Work Hours
- 0600 to 1430
- 0700 to 1530
- Occasional Overtime Available
Job Type: Full-time
- maintenance: 5 years (Required)
- Diesel Mechanic: 5 years (Required)