Join a fast-growing education business with an engaging and supportive culture. If you are someone who has a deep connection with your local community, wants a flexible work schedule, loves working with students and parents, has a background in education, sales and/or marketing and a passion for education, this may be a good fit for you.
Who We Are
StudyPoint is a national leader in the private tutoring industry. We are actively seeking enthusiastic, driven individuals to grow our team.
We're in the business of helping students, and we're exceptionally good at it. Our students see dramatic gains in their academic and standardized test results, and our employees enjoy the rewards of growing a mission driven, values based, entrepreneurial company. We’ve been selected to the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing companies in America eight times, and were the list's #1 fastest growing tutoring company. We've also been awarded the Boston Business Journal Pacesetters Award three times, which recognizes the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts. We are a two-time winner of the 50 Most Engaged Workplaces award along with Zappos, Disney, and others. We are privately owned and profitable.
StudyPoint provides a unique and valuable service to families across the country: one-on-one, individualized tutoring with access to a proven curriculum and a national network of support. We provide this service in two live formats, in the home or live online, using our proprietary technology.
Members of the Education Program Team work as outside sales consultants and business developers, helping spread the word about our programs and consulting with families to determine which programs and tutors are right for them — all while relaying the value of our services. We are looking for highly motivated individuals excited to sell programs that meet families’ and students’ needs while exceeding their expectations.
These individuals are given a specific territory in the suburbs or part of a major metropolitan market and work with the StudyPoint national team to drive growth and deliver excellent results for families. You’ll work from home with support from the national team. The compensation grows as you grow your territory, while working with leads generated by the national team.
- Grow the local area business by developing relationships with parents, parent organizations and schools in local communities.
- Meet with parents face-to-face to explain benefits of our programs and enroll them.
- Field calls nationally from families looking to enroll students in our programs.
- Employ a consultative sales approach to determine the individual needs of families and students.
- Achieve goals based on data-driven metrics and opportunities within your market.
- Follow-up with families who have connected with you using email, phone calls, and other methods of communication.
- Schedule and offer practice tests and college admissions/standardized test workshops throughout the local communities.
- Collaborate with team members responsible for servicing programs and hiring tutors to maximize potential of enrolling more families.
- Establish a local PR and social media presence with support from the national team.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Significant amount of life experience and a track record of success.
- A demonstrated passion for being supportive to students and parents.
- Loves selling intangible products that truly benefit families.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work with many types of people.
- Likable with engaging and positive personality.
- Independent, authentic and trustworthy.
- Excited to grow with a company as their territory grows.
- Access to a dedicated home office, including high-speed internet connection. We provide all of the technology you need.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience working with a CRM database.
- Roots in one of the following towns: Piedmont, Orinda, Saratoga, Los Gatos, Cupertino, Palo Alto, San Ramon, Moraga, Pleasanton, Menlo Park, San Francisco, San Jose, Redwood City.
Ideal Candidate Has:
- Master’s Degree
- Experience as a professional in education
- Previous sales and/or marketing experience or a natural ability to be persuasive.
- Been at home with their children, and looking to get back into the workforce while working in their community, or is currently working and well-connected within their local community, and looking for a new challenge.
- Competitive compensation package that grows as your territory grows.
- Generous leave policy, including paid time off and sick days.
- One paid day a year to volunteer with an organization of your choice.
- Health coverage and dental option.
- 401k option.
- Work from home.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
- Business Development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule