Title: Order Processing and Logistics Coordinator
Location: Headquarters is San Ramon, CA
About the Company:
For more than a quarter of a century Japonesque has created cutting edge beauty products inspired by the professional makeup tools used in Kabuki theatre in Japan. Japonesque’s product line includes makeup brushes, eyelash curlers, tweezers, makeup cases and other beauty accessories as well as a recently launched line of color cosmetics. The collection combines high-impact fashion color with pro performance and flawlessly refined complexion formulations. The unprecedented color and long wear textures are housed in one-of-a-kind luxurious packaging.
Japonesque supplies cosmetics, beauty tools, and hair products to the prestige and mass market retail channels. The company distributes and markets branded and private label products across multiple categories and retail customers including Ulta and CVS.
Japonesque products have been sold in leading prestige beauty retailers and with the recent introduction of products into the drug and mass channels, the Company has experienced explosive growth. Having recently partnered with leading consumer Private Equity firm, San Francisco Equity Partners, the Company is profitable with no short-term need for additional capital to fund growth.
About the Position:
The Order Processing and Logistics Coordinator is an integral part of supply chain team servicing our Retailer sales channel. This position requires a detail oriented and flexible individual to work with a sense of urgency to fulfill the Supply Chain group responsibilities. The Order Processing and Logistics Coordinator will play a critical with internal and customer business partners with timely and clear communication. They will own and manage the outbound logistics process and will be a main point of contact with our warehouse. This position reports directly to our Senior Director, Supply Chain. We seek an ambitious candidate looking to grow with us in a fast-paced environment.
Order Processing and Logistics Coordinator candidates should have a Bachelor's degree in a related field with experience in order management or customer service, beauty and retail experience preferred.
The Order Processing and Logistics Coordinator is an exempt full time position. Compensation includes healthcare, 401K plan, vacation and other benefits.
- Responsible for receiving and entry assigned customer Purchase Orders; corporate, private label and regular orders received via email, phone or customer portals
- Point of contact for assigned customers regarding Purchase Order details including out of stocks, order information and order status
- Provide Purchase Order status spreadsheets to customers as needed
- Manage the flow of orders sent to the warehouse based on an understanding of large projects or shipments and the prioritization of order shipping
- Work closely with sales team to manage customer account information
- Work closely with Supply Chain in maintaining and regulating Inventory and quality control issues
- Work with warehouse to ensure all orders ship at the appropriate time and manage lead times.
- Routing Guides – communicate any specific changes or processes to Japonesque warehouse and Japonesque team members
- Manage customer returns, create RMA’s and assist with customer issued credits. This includes working closely with our Supply Chain and Finance teams
- Own onboarding process for new customers with our warehouse and freight partners to ensure seamless product launches
- Main Customer service contact for individual account order processing.
- Create and implement a system for reporting and managing outbound shipping scorecards from customers (fill rate, on time ship, lead time reliability, etc), and provide recommendations and solves for consistent low scoring categories
- Manage and contest chargebacks for late/early/incorrect shipments by working with our freight partners to obtain Proof of Delivery, and other documents as needed
- Assist with customer EDI onboarding, changes or updates to process
- Support Supply Chain Manager with customer requirements to complete outbound shipping process.
- Process over, short and damaged freight and related documentation for customer resolution
- Assist customers via phone, email and fax with inquiries including but not limited to tracing shipments, billing and/or invoicing questions.
- Own movement of inventory within Salesforce for office orders and maintain office inventory.
Essential Skills & Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- Experience in order management and logistics preferred
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- A team player possessing strong interpersonal skills with an ability to develop positive working relationships and communicate with all levels of management
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment with patience and attentiveness
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain accuracy as workload and priorities change
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines/multi-task
- Self-starter with excellent problem solving skills and the commitment to follow-through
- Microsoft Office skills, particularly proficiency in MS Excel, required. Salesforce is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Logistics: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules