Marco is a technology oriented commercial finance firm focused on financing underserved SME’s in North America and Latin America (“LATAM”). Born out of the Antler Accelerator in New York, Marco raised a pre-seed round from distinguished investors including Struck Capital and Arcadia Funds and has a significant credit facility. Given the profitable lending business model and an underserved market, Marco is looking to grow rapidly. This role will have high impact potential within the Marco team and work closely with highly experienced Senior Management.
We're looking for experienced lenders to join the Business Development team to help build business on our North America and/or LATAM teams. We value someone with existing relationships in the industry with a focus on factoring and/or ABL. Contacts in LATAM are a plus. You should be comfortable with developing referral partnerships and direct referrals from inception to closing.
- Develop and build a strong pipeline of referral sources and direct prospects.
- Represent Marco while engaging with referral sources and prospects, tracking, educating, and optimizing for value and brand awareness
- Educate referral sources and prospects on the Marco value proposition for them through presentations, speaking engagements, conferences, etc.
- Report on key metrics and provide guidance on best practices to help drive revenue growth
- Consolidate insights and feedback to improve the retention of customer base.
- Collaborate with credit, underwriting, marketing and senior management.
- Can be fully remote
- Minimum of 5+ years of business development at a commercial finance company
- Experience with managing partnership cycles, identifying decision-makers, and selling over the phone/Zoom
- Strong negotiating skills
- Enjoy working in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment and not afraid to think outside of the box to come up with creative solutions
- Are a team player
- Are self-motivated, goal-oriented, and able to get the job done
- Consistent track record of hitting and exceeding quotas
- Unlimited Time Off
Marco celebrates diversity and inclusion, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration or employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.