Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection, to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your analytical skills to bridge the gap between our cutting edge Data Science work and our commercial Artificial Intelligence deployment solution as a Machine Learning Engineer. You’ll work closely with your team to leverage your coding development experience to implement cutting edge Data Science concepts using standard and emerging Data Science libraries, including Keras, Pytorch, and Tensorflow. You’ll help move those concepts through a software development evolution from ideation, to proof of concept, and then on through software engineering before overseeing a containerization process resulting in an atomic, scalable, algorithmic processor. Join us as we use data science for good in the emerging world of artificial intelligence.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 4+ years of experience as a developer using high-level coding languages, including Java, Python, or C++
- 4+ years of experience in working with machine learning algorithms
- 2+ years of experience in working with cloud infrastructure, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, or Google Cloud
- 2+ years of experience with working on production software
- Knowledge of RESTful services design, development, and testing
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with using a machine learning framework, including TensorFlow, Caffe, Keras, or Pytorch
- Experience with the full life cycle of software deployment, including bringing machine learning based applications into production
- Experience with natural language processing (NLP) or Computer Vision (CV)
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and how coding elements fit together with modular design
- Knowledge of various machine learning algorithms and their designs, capabilities, and limitations
- MA or MS degree a plus
Applicants selected may be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
access to online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
a chance to change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
participation in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.