SMRT specializes in the design of high-performing, programmatically complex environments for clients nationwide and across market sectors. We are committed to partnership and collaboration with our clients and colleagues, convinced that we are smarter and stronger together. We create opportunities for our staff to hone their expertise and advance their careers with no barriers to growth and success.
SMRT has an immediate opening for a full-time Mechanical Engineer in our Portland, Maine or Andover, MA office.
- Minimum of 4-7 years of mechanical design of HVAC, plumbing, process piping and/or fire protection.
- Knowledge of national, state and local codes as they pertain to HVAC, plumbing and/or fire protection.
- Ability to lead the mechanical aspects of multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability to work on a team with opportunities for growth into management.
- Strong business development and networking skills
- FE or EIT certification preferred
- PE preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
Required Technical Knowledge:
- Experience in Revit and AutoCad
- Working knowledge of HVAC Design software such as Trane Trace
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
SMRT rewards hard work and creativity with a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, community service)
- Healthcare, dental and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Education assistance
- Flexible work environmentSMRT is an open culture of listening, communicating and knowledge sharing. We value collegiality, individual and collective energy, leadership and innovation. This culture is the foundation for our core values: design excellence, resilience, integrity and community.
Job Type: Full-time