Due to continued growth, Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. a multi-office national firm has an immediate opening for an experienced Paralegal for our Phoenix, AZ Office. Competitive salary and benefits package offered.
The individual in this role primarily supports attorneys with a busy practice with an emphasis on insurance defense litigation matters. This is a hands-on position that involves working collaboratively with clients and employees of the firm.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes and analyzes documentary evidence including contracts, records, reports, depositions, discovery, investigative and other documents and summaries. Interpretation and preparation of chronologies and summaries as requested.
- Under attorney direction drafts and prepares correspondence and other written documents as required including responses, reports, filings, pleadings, answers, motions, interrogatories, contracts, opinions, position papers, letters, etc., and other documents as necessary.
- Prepares and handles tracking and disposition of subpoenas or other request for information.
- Ensures organization of files including maintenance and management.
- Monitors files and escalates issues requiring attorney involvement. Performs timely handling of highly sensitive issues and materials related to case.
- Conducts legal research using online media for experts, background searches, case investigation.
- Communicates with clients, witnesses, experts.
- Maintains calendar for trial and discovery deadlines. Obtains trial settings, coordinates and assist in preparation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of prior paralegal experience in civil defense litigation, preferably in a high-volume, fast-paced law firm environment.
- Experience in healthcare litigation preferred
- Working knowledge of paralegal concepts, procedures and practices. Knowledge of operations, practices and procedures of civil litigation.
- Must have a demonstrated knowledge in legal research and deposition motion practices and procedures.
- State and Federal Court filing including E-Filing experience required.
- Knowledge of how to bill time.
- Research, analytical, organizational and critical thinking skills required.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook and knowledge and application of legal research tools (Westlaw).
- Requires critical thinking skills, superior communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent.
For immediate consideration for this opportunity, qualified candidates should forward their resume. Compensation commensurate with experience. QPWB is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking enthusiastic candidates eager to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
The Paralegal will have to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. This employee may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials, 5-10 pounds, from time to time.
The office may be a busy facility. The Paralegal may have to manage a number of projects at one time, and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of employees. This employee may find the environment to be busy, noisy and will need excellent organizational and time and stress management skills to complete required tasks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed for this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent