Caretel Inns of Brighton has recently expanded and renovated our facility and we are looking for a Human Resource Generalist.
The primary purposes of this position is to administer and perform payroll functions to facility in accordance with current acceptable accounting and cost reimbursement principles relating to the long-term care operation, and to direct the human resources in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations ensuring that quality personnel are interviewed, trained and employed.
The duties of the position may include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Assist in implementing the day-to-day policies and procedures governing the payroll functions
- Maintain an individual payroll record for each employee’s earnings in accordance with current regulations governing such records
- Review all requests for new or replacement personnel, fill requests as approved, and arrange interviews, appointments, etc.
- Check applications and references of prospective employees and arrange for interview with department directors as required or requested
- Develop, implement and maintain an adequate personnel filing system that meets the needs of the facility and complies with current employment practices.
- Prepare, recommend, and maintain records and procedures for controlling personnel transactions and reporting personnel data
- Ensure that the facility is in compliance with current applicable federal and state employment regulations regarding wages, overtime, work hours, Workers compensation and unemployment.
- Orient new personnel to facility and explain personnel policies, procedures, payroll procedures, safety regulations, etc., as established in our operational policies and procedures
- Monitor Workman’s Compensation claims and coordinate work between employees and the insurance carrier
- Maintain attendance records and records of counseling, warning, and other disciplinary action taken against employees
We offer competitive salary, medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off and matching 401k!
Job Type: Full-time