Joe Jurgielewicz & Son Ltd. is a 4th generation family-owned duck farm that specializes in bringing the finest ducks to restaurants, institutions, retailers and home consumers across the U.S. and globally. We are currently looking for an experienced poultry, Pedigree Farm Manager.
The main objective for this job is to manage and assist with daily care and maintenance of all Poultry activities on the pedigree farm. The individual will assist when required in response to emergencies, disease, daily tasks, vaccination etc.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS
- Direct and manage poultry production at our pedigree farm to ensure optimal performance.
- Ensure all houses are operating properly i.e. check the houses, water, lights, issues with birds.
- Assisting with pedigree hatches and tagging, record keeping.
- Keeping accurate inventories of supplies including shavings and feed, agricultural supplies and ordering as required.
- Ensuring standard care and maintenance of houses are completed in a timely manner and to JJS standards (Running scrapers, cleaning fans (inside and out), greasing the motors, keeping entryways to houses clean etc.).
- Coordinate mowing and string trimming and ensuring the farm is well kept.
- Create weekly update reports for director of genetics and breeder manager.
- Ensuring proper setting of eggs in hatchery.
- Coordinating and assisting in bird vaccinations.
- Coordinating and assisting in weekend agricultural work on the farm.
- Work with geneticist with research trials (Feeding, weighing, vaccinating etc.).
- And other tasks as requested from supervisor.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and PREFERRED QUALIFICATION
- BS in Agricultural field
- Three years managing in poultry environment a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to respond to farm emergencies, i.e. sick ducks, feed problems, no electric, fire, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional Travel
Top Reasons to work for Joe Jurgielewicz &Son
- Family business, Family Farm, Family Values, YOU count.
- Great benefits, competitive pay and employee appreciation.
- Career growth and educational reimbursement program.
- Growing business, challenging work, team effort.
Job Type: Full-time