At Criterion Systems, we developed a different kind of business—a company whose real value is a reputation for excellence built upon the collective skills, talents, perspectives, and backgrounds of its people. We are seeking a Technical Project Lead to support a position in Sterling, VA. The chosen candidate will support a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment with new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats.
The candidate will lead the Cybersecurity Tools Team that supports the development and implementation of cyber engineering strategies, tools and techniques to enhance a system’s cyber-resiliency against existing and emerging cyber-threats. The Project Manager (PM) will lead the team collaborating at all levels of the enterprise to ensure project success and satisfied stakeholders. The PM is responsible for planning and execution, and enabling the customer organization to achieve their objectives. The candidate supports presentation development and requires good communication and interpersonal skills to convey findings at the technical proficiency of the audience.
- Lead and/or direct engineering team engaged in the design, implementation and modification of IT projects that span across functional organizations
- Lead integration of service capabilities to ensure business requirements and expectations are met as defined in the service strategy and design phases
- Manage engineering team; coordinate and control team activities, including technical implementation tasks, process reengineering, and organizational change activities
- Prepare project execution plans and ensure projects are completed on schedule, within budget, meet requirements, and achieve objectives
- Identify and implement improvements for the planning and execution of development to sustainment activities .Identify and engage appropriate technical and business resources needed for successful project execution
- In-depth technical and theoretical knowledge of cyber defensive operations and technologies
- Perform cyber criticality, mission impact, and risk analysis of recommended tools
- Translate analytical findings into security “use cases” that can be implemented within available surveillance capabilities
- Provide detailed and accurate technical reporting of analysis results, as well as oral briefings on complex technical subjects attuned to senior management, technical, or non-technical audiences
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related degree and a minimum of 8 years relevant experience. A Master's degree in a related discipline may substitute for two (2) years of experience. A PhD may substitute for four (4) years of experience. Eight (8) years of experience (for a total of 16 or more years) may be substituted for no degree.
This position requires either a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Practical knowledge of high-level scripting/programming language (e.g. Python, Perl, PowerShell, etc.) to extract, de-obfuscate, or otherwise manipulate malware-related data
Proficient with forensic analysis tools and techniques to identify malware technical indicators of compromise and perform triage
Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and critical thinking abilities
Capable of working independently and within teams to solve complex problems
Able to work across multiple organizations, cultures, and service providers to synthesize actionable information
Practical knowledge of Splunk policies, filters and rules to improve event analysis and data correlation
Knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux Operating Systems
Background or experience cybersecurity and project management
Must hold one or more of the following certifications in good, current standing: CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP, CASP or PMP
Must have a TS Clearance with SCI eligibility (SSBI within the last five years)
Criterion Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.