The FFM Assistant Market Manager is the on-the-ground, hands on, assistant to the market manager at the Saturday market in Forsyth Park assisting with setup, breakdown, special events, outreach and market table operations. This position is for Saturdays from approximately 7am - 2 pm almost every weekend of the year, rain or shine.
- Provide high quality customer service to all customers and vendors of the market, including:
- creating a welcoming atmosphere for everyone
- responding to inquiries
- taking time to get to know the customer population as well as the vendors
- Sharing a passion and excitement for the mission of the market
- Help setup and breakdown the FFM tent, table, signage and any other equipment needed for the day
- Oversee all transactions at the market, including EBT, debit/credit token exchange, merchandise sales, and any other monies exchanged during the market
- Help maintain accurate records of all transactions and tokens
- Ensure all signage/literature/handouts and merchandise are properly and attractively displayed during the market
- Ensure the vendors can breakdown in a timely manner and the market site is clean at the end of each market day
- Participate in market promotions and fundraising activities as required
- Help to supervise/organize volunteers
- Maintain neat are careful storage of all market equipment and merchandise
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Inform market customers about Farm Truck 912 and other FFM activities
- Assist with outreach events when needed
- Promote SNAP/EBT and related programs
- Familiarity and passion for farmers' markets, local businesses, or farming/food practices
- Comfortable working with a diverse group and providing the same quality of service to all customers and vendors
- Good organization and time management
- Comfortable handling money and completing accurate financial transactions
- Able to work independently and on a team
- Reliable and on time to work
- Display critical thinking skills and a willingness to be creative and show initiative
- This position requires the employee to work onsite at the Forsyth Farmers’ Market in Savannah, GA
- This position requires the employee to work outside in all weather conditions.
- This position requires the employee to interact with farmers and other vendors as well as the general public.
- This position requires the employee to be able to lift equipment in and out of a vehicle, to lift equipment off the ground, and to be able to lift items over their head.
- This position requires the employee to be on site on Saturdays to set up for the market and remain at the market from at least 7am until all vendors have left the premises (approximately 2:00 pm).
This position reports to Ashleigh Floyd Clark, Market Manager. There may be additional hours and other projects to work on as funding becomes available. These additional hours and opportunities will be discussed and work agreed upon as they arise.
Please send cover letter, resume and references. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
*this is a part-time job, no benefits
7-10 hrs. / week
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page: