Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
Senior Developer for developing investment analysis, research and trading applications utilizing innovative technologies such as big data, machine learning and cloud.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Strong programming experience using Java/JEE technologies.
2. Hands on development experience with Spring, Microservices, REST Services and python.
3. Atleast 3+ years of hands on work experience with Big Data Development on Hadoop stack and related tools such as Solr, Hive, Pig, Spark etc.
4. Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services.
5. Experience with working on unix (linux) environment. (Shell scripting, Basic commands, unix editors)
6. Experience with gathering and processing raw data at scale (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.).
7. Experience with different database technologies Oralce, MongoDB or other nosql databases and ability to write queries, joins, DML and DDL.
8. Familiarity with Development tools (Eclipse, git etc.), design/UML tools, profiling/tuning tools.
9. Experience with DevOps or CI/CD process and related build/deploy tools (ANT/Maven/Serena/Nolio/Jenkins).
10. Good understanding of enterprise architecture and operational procedures such as availability, recovery, archiving etc.
11. Excellent communication and presentation skills. Experience communicating with senior investment professionals such as portfolio managers and traders.
12. Knowledge of AI/Machine Learning and their use in asset management space.
1. Experience with following technologies a plus
a. Vaadin (UI framework), Zaloni (Data Lake).
b. Ability to develop shell scripts or other scripts (such as Perl/python/R).
c. AWS or Google Cloud or Azure.
d. Knowledge in data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, or information retrieval.
2. Familiarity with order management, portfolio construction, reference data/market data etc.
3. Strong analytical aptitude.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $80.00 /hour