People are the Heart of Kona Grill, so it’s important for us to find passionate individuals to join our family. Whether we’re cooking a meal, serving a guest or helping each other, we see every moment as an opportunity to show our excitement and purpose. We offer careers, not just jobs, so we are looking for spirited and passionate people to engage in our training program to learn and grow within the company. If you take pride in providing exceptional service, then we know you will love being a part of the Kona culture.
The Training Development Specialist is responsible for analyzing training needs, developing curriculum and delivering courses.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Coordinates activities between departments to meet operations department goals.
2. Consults with managers and supervisors to assess training needs.
3. Develops, implements and delivers training programs for varying levels of individuals within the Company.
4. Documents procedures for the Company.
5. Develops and maintains continual education support materials to be used for reference once training has been completed.
6. Continually evaluates training progress and training procedures to monitor and analyze course effectiveness and update curriculum as needed.
7. Writes initial draft material for new training programs; reviews, evaluates and modifies existing and proposed programs; recommends appropriate changes.
8. Contacts attendees and department representatives about training program creation.
9. Assist with creating and implementing companywide training programs.
10. Provide a variety of comprehensive support to the training department, including the input and maintenance of the training curriculum and maintaining department training records.
11. Creating, updating and maintaining training and testing materials.
12. Provides printed and video training materials, including but not limited to, new menu roll-outs, marketing events, new restaurant openings and changes in current processes.
13. Create, implement and maintain e-Learning courses in the learning management system.
14. Coordinate all training and travel schedules for the Manager-in-Training program and communicate with each Manager-in-Training throughout the process.
15. Prepare and provide training materials for Managers-in-Training.
16. Arrange required ServSafe certifications for all restaurants and Managers-in-Training and track progress, completion and maintain the records.
17. Track and monitor training spending for accounting and accrual purposes.
18. Collaborate with other departments to create, update and maintain training and testing materials;
19. Develop and provide printed and/or video training materials, including but not limited to, new menu roll-outs, marketing events, new restaurant openings and changes in current processes;
20. Assist management and other departments, as directed, with special projects.
21. May assist in the development of standardized presentations for use in staff training.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree and relevant industry experience, or, a combination of education and experience.
2. Minimum of 1 to 3 years' experience.
3. Working knowledge of restaurant operations preferred but not required.
4. Computer software skills required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
We do not use any outside agencies or external recruiters at this time. If you would like to be considered for future use, reach out to the Talent Acquisition Manager at email@example.com.
Text KONA to 51893 or Click Here to Join our Talent Network