Serve as a senior Data Management Professional responsible for data strategy and data management support to ensure effective implementation of the Army Data Strategy and maintenance of the strategy through the Army Data Management Program. Develop data management functional guides based on the Data Management Association (DAMA) methodology provided at the correct level for data success in the Army. Provide the appropriate level of guidance to the Army data community to ensure effective use and consumption of All Army data so that Army data is properly managed and is of high quality, integrity, and useable. Develop 11 data management functional guides, including Army Data Management Guides in accordance with industry best practices, such as data quality, data architecture, data modeling and design, Metadata, storage and operations, warehouse and business intelligence, data security, reference and master data, documents and contents, data integration and interoperability, and governance. Maintain a document repository on the Army SharePoint and ensure Army Data Management Program (ADMP) documents remain available and current to the Army data community. Maintain the ADMP Milwiki and ensure the ADMP information content remains available and current.
- 10+ years of experience of data management and planning and executing data management functions and projects
- 4+ years of experience with DoD or Army Staff organizations
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Access, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to analyze problems, conduct research, summarize results, provide recommendations, prepare reports or documents, and present results in oral and written forms
- Ability to develop and present data summaries to support decision-making
- Active Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with Army staff as military, civilian, or contractor
- Knowledge of how the Army interacts in DoD, Joint, or Mission Partner environments
- Knowledge of Army staffing procedures
- Knowledge of DAMA familiarization and membership
- MA or MS degree
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.