Active - Benefit Eligible and Accrues Time Off
M-F with Rotating Weekends/Holidays
Work Hours per Biweekly Pay Period:
5 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Medical Center, US:FL:Lakeland
Delivers replenished exchange carts to hospital and returns depleted exchange carts to laundry facility. He/she also removes soiled linen from patient care areas, introduces soiled textile items into the chute system, separates soiled textiles, operates dryers and towel folders as needed, operates inventory equipment as needed, delivers and records call-in orders. Must identify opportunities for, and contribute to, the improvement of quality, safety and cost as well as patient, customer and employee satisfaction.
- People At The Heart Of All We Do
- Fosters an inclusive and engaged environment through teamwork and collaboration.
- Ensures patients and families have the best possible experiences across the continuum of care.
- Communicates appropriately with patients, families, team members, and our community in a manner that treasures all people as uniquely created.
- Safety And Performance Improvement
- Behaves in a mindful manner focused on self, patient, visitor, and team safety.
- Demonstrates accountability and commitment to quality work.
- Participates actively in process improvement and adoption of standard work.
- Standard Work Duties: Linen Transporter
- Actively participates in team development.
- Delivers exchange carts and call-ins to appropriate areas in a timely manner maintaining daily written documentation of delivered call-ins.
- Performs all general transportation duties so that textile products are delivered on time, according to delivery schedule, to using areas without complaints from linen service customers.
- Operates Linen Service delivery truck in a safe and accident free manner using available safety equipment, observing all traffic laws and using courtesy when dealing with heavy traffic in delivery areas.
- Returns from hospital deliveries promptly in order to assist with filling depleted carts.
- Performs all other duties, operates dryers, towel folders and soil room functions when needed to reduce down time.
- Demonstrates responsible use of LRH's resources including people, finances, equipment and facilities.
- Knows and adheres to organizational and department policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
- High School or Equivalent
Prior experience in related field. Good driving record.