Michael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a passion for fashion.
If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love to hear from you!
Responsible for overall management of the store, staff, merchandise and customer service. The Store Manager is also responsible for driving his or her team to achieve sales objectives, maintaining and achieving high operational and merchandizing standards and goals, building highly motivated teams and developing associates to the next level.
MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
- Analyze available sales reports and data to determine the needs of the business and set business strategies
- Set individual sales goals for sales associates, ensuring goals reflect store business goals
- Continuously motivate sales staff to meet assigned sales and productivity goals
- Support the development of associates’ sales techniques, ensuring utilization of elevated levels of sales and service to maximize sales
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the merchandise; ensure selling staff is fluent in all aspects of product knowledge
- Demonstrate sales leadership for staff by playing an active role on the selling floor
- Collaborate with Supervisor and Marketing to identify marketing opportunities to support sales
- Develop events/incentives that will continue to grow customer base, with particular emphasis on building local market
- Ensure all associates provide the highest level of customer service
- Ensure staff maintains constant client communication through utilizing their client books
- Manage client database and utilize information to increase sales and client contact
- Resolve all client problems and complaints quickly and effectively
- Assist sales associates with various customer service issues i.e. dissatisfied customers, returns, defective merchandise.
- Manage all special events inclusive of collection previews, client events, sale events and center events, etc.
- Empower associates to make decisions in the customer’s best interest that also support the Company’s philosophy
- Ensure facility maintenance, presentation and organization
- Ensure cash control procedures are properly followed including: bank deposits, safe funds and petty cash
- Control store expenses and maintain budgets, continually striving to reduce costs
- Schedule associates to maintain adequate floor coverage while maintaining payroll budgets
- Ensure deliveries are properly processed in a timely manner
- Monitor the movement of all inventory and ensure that staff adheres to all Shipping/Receiving policies and procedures
- Meet inventory accuracy and shrink requirements
- Ensure staff is trained in all areas of appropriate register usage and maintenance
- Understand and properly execute all management register functions
- Support, promote and assume responsibility for loss prevention in all areas of risk management, physical security, store cash controls, inventory management, inter-store communication
- Build and maintain good communication with members of corporate office, regional office, mall office and other stores
- Exhibit proficiency in computer programs used by the Company including: Word, Excel
- Only applicable for Offsite drivers: Responsible for driving product to and from the Offsite location on an as needed basis
- Implement and maintain all merchandising directives and ensure execution of effective merchandising strategies
- Partner with logistics, product teams and supervisor to ensure appropriate assortment for the store
- Ensure the selling floor is neat, clean, organized and reflects the correct visual image at all times
- Ensure presentation of all displays, fixtures and all visual areas are reflective of current visual direction
- Identify and communicate product concerns in a timely manner
- Communicate inventory needs to support the business goal
- Recruit, train, and develop staff ensuring all positions are filled in a timely manner with qualified personnel
- Support, implement and provide follow-up for all training programs, seminars, etc.
- Continually evaluate the performance of each associate and provide constant feedback to ensure results
- Resolve all human resources issues in a timely and effective manner, partnering with HR when necessary
- Ensure integrity of payroll and the payroll process
- Ensure image and grooming standards are professional, reflective of the brand image and adhered to at all times
- Management Team and Staff
Minimum 5 years retail experience with 2-3 years specialty management.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V