American National University is a leader in career-oriented higher education, offering accelerated career training in business, medical and technical fields.
American National University has immediate opening for an HIM Instructor
A faculty member is expected to be committed to the institution and work to support the Mission of the institution. They should be focused on students and supporting students to reach their career goal.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Follow the approved course syllabus to delivery course content according to method of instruction provided by the University.
2. Grade all assessments, record grades and provide student feedback.
3. Competently utilize Canvas, virtual library, synchronous video delivery tools and other University resources to deliver courses following University approved syllabi.
4. Complete an annual professional development plan that includes at least 2 professional development activities and 2 in-service activities. Provide documentation of completed plan.
5. Incorporate the use of outside resources into courses including guest speakers, field trips, and virtual library use.
6. Sign and follow the faculty expectations document as hired.
7. Attend faculty meetings as scheduled.
An Adjunct teaching load
1. An Adjunct may teach from one to three classes per term.
Education and Experience
o Credentials commensurate with the level teaching as outlined in the Required Instructor Credentials document.
o Prospective Faculty must submit a transcript and resume for evaluation
o Compliance will review and submit a Course Approval form indicating which courses the faculty member may teach.
o Previous teaching experience
o Experience using a variety of technologies in teaching
o Online and video conferencing teaching experience preferred
The End of Course Surveys and Instructor Evaluations contain evaluative criteria applicable to this position. Other reports may be used as necessary to contribute to that evaluation. A formal classroom evaluation will be conducted bi-annually and may be conducted more frequently depending on longevity and supervisory needs.
Job Type: Contract
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction