Under supervision, to perform a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled tasks in connection with the development and maintenance of County parks and recreational facilities.
- Performs cleanup and refuse hauling; cleans and stocks comfort stations;
- Assists higher level employees in construction and maintenance involving semi-skilled craft operations;
- Plants, waters, sprays, and fertilizes plants, trees, or lawns under close supervision;
- Performs manual labor as required;
- Operates trucks and other park equipment;
- Performs routine mowing tasks;
- Performs related work as required.
Possession of a valid California driver's license prior to appointment and the ability to qualify for and maintain a County driver's permit.
Training and experience equivalent to six (6) months working in building maintenance, landscape installation, and/or maintenance in a park, farm, ranch or a commercial building.
General knowledge of:
Some skill in:
- Basic plumbing, carpentry, truck and tractor operation;
- Basic grounds-keeping such as planting, mowing, watering, spraying, fertilizing.
- The operation of hand and power tools and equipment.
- Follow oral and written instructions, assist in general maintenance work;
- Perform moderately heavy manual labor;
- Willingness to work odd and irregular hours including weekends and holidays throughout the County.