Discovery Link Student Intern
Extended Learning and Community Schools
Make a difference in the lives of students by joining our team and supporting the DPS vision, Every Child Succeeds.
Discovery Link Intern will work a set number of hours to be completed by the predetermined partnering program (AceConnect- 180 hours, FACE- 120 hours, SWAP- 160 hours) over one school semester with a Program Specialist who will provide mentoring and experiences in support of developing out of school time professionals. Under the guidance of the Program Specialist, Discovery Link Interns will work alongside Program Leaders, Staff Aides, and Assistant Site Coordinators to help ensure safe and engaging space for Denver youth.
- Attend required orientations, trainings, and check-ins with Program Specialist.
- Engage in responsibilities to implement high quality afterschool programming.
- Maintain open communication with colleagues and Program Specialist.
- Collaborate with colleagues to set-up materials and deliver curriculum.
- Assist in supervising play areas.
- Develop an understanding of the philosophy of Denver Public Schools and the goals of the Department of Extended Learning and Community Schools to engage and inspire Denver youth and families.
- Access information and deepen knowledge about Colorado Department of Human Services guidelines and procedures for licensed childcare centers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current DPS high school student.
- In order to be eligible for this intern position; individuals must be already be a participant in one of the following programs: ACEConnect, FACE, or SWAP.