Title: IT Platforms Intern
Duration: January 6, 2020 – August 28, 2020 (Spring/Summer)
Full-time: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday thru Friday
Company: Keystone Industries, 480 S Democrat Road, Gibbstown
The IT Platforms Intern will provide entry-level support on various IT projects and end-user issues. This position requires technical acumen, hard work, dedication, and the motivation to learn. Work is performed under the general direction of the IT Manager and oversight by the CIO.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the implementation and completion of various IT projects. This includes both individual and group projects.
- Assist with on-site and remote end-user support, including desktops, laptops, printers, VoIP phones, smart phones (iPhone and Android), tablets (MS Surface and iPad), peripheral hardware, and software applications.
- Assist with installation, configuration, and maintenance of end-user devices and software.
- Maintain availability, integrity and confidentiality of data and network security.
- Maintain problem/maintenance history in ticketing system; perform data analysis to proactively identify improvement opportunities.
- Document and update technical documentation, procedures, and diagrams as required.
- Establish and maintain contact with vendors and partners for support and problem resolution.
- Conduct research on potential products in support of IT infrastructure. Evaluate and recommend products for purchase.
- Opportunity to gain experience with a network infrastructure.
- Opportunity to gain experience with a virtual server infrastructure.
- Opportunity to gain experience with various Microsoft and 3rd party applications
- Pursuing/Recent graduates with an interest in Information Technology (Networking, Servers, Security, etc.)
- Ability to demonstrate customer service, strategic thinking, diligence, dependability, team work, individual work, organizational skills, conflict resolution, learnability, and ability to teach others.
- Basic understanding of network, server, VoIP, and smart phone technologies.
- Ability to understand, follow, and create basic written technical documentation, procedures, and diagrams.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Position is located at company headquarters in Gibbstown, NJ.
- Ability to walk around large manufacturing facilities for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Safety gear is required when working in certain areas of facilities.
- We are interested in jump-starting a young person’s career in the field of IT by offering them an opportunity to work in the IT department of a mid-sized company. They would benefit from:
- Providing customer support for level 1 and level 2 desktop issues
- Shadowing other technicians and engineers as they build and solve solutions and systems
- Asking many questions of IT professionals about the real-world experience and viewpoint on the future of IT careers
Job Types: Full-time, Internship