- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Supervising Experience
- Administrative Experience
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The San Jose - Evergreen Community College District is currently recruiting an Athletic Director. This is a temporary assignment with the possibility of extension. Hourly pay is $52.02. Working hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, including some weekends and Holidays. Position will be located at San Jose City College, 2100 Moorpark Avenue, San Jose, CA 95128.
Duties and Responsibilities/Specific to Position:
Under the direction of assigned administrator, the Athletic Director plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates the activities of the athletics programs within the department. The Athletic Director makes suggestions on emerging athletics courses, and intercollegiate sports. The position is directly responsible for compliance and annual reports required by the rules and regulations associated with the CCCAA (California Community College Athletics Association).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Organize and administer athletic programs by ensuring program compliance with applicable regulations and laws; prepare documents related to the college's participation in sports programs at the national, state and local levels.
2. Coordinate with agencies, advisory bodies, accreditation and the athletic governing body on the standards, codes, compliance regulations and laws related to the division's programs, services, activities and facilities.
3. Develop and enforce protocols to assure compliance with the California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA) rules and regulations for intercollegiate sport teams and related activities. Responsible for all aspects of athletic eligibility or delegation of those duties that require content experts.
4. Prepare and administer the Athletics program budget and team related accounts. Oversee all aspects of record keeping, accounting and reporting related to athletics programs.
5. Manage intercollegiate competitions and practices and related events including athletic training and sports medicine.
6. Supervise all coaches and team activities. Supervise the Athletic Trainer and the related activities in the Athletic Training Room.
7. Represent the department and division to outside agencies and organizations; participate in outside community and professional groups and committees.
8. Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, staff, other district employees, and the public using principles of good working relationships.
9. Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
1. Principles and practices of physical education and competitive athletic programs.
2. Rules and regulations adopted by the California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA) for intercollegiate sports teams and related activities as well as National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) policies.
3. Title V and Education Code regulations.
4. District safety policies.
5. Principles and practices of higher education organizations and structures.
6. Principles of leadership, motivation, team building, and conflict resolution.
7. Budgeting procedures and techniques.
8. Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment
1. Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Develop and implement strategic planning processes.
3. Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
4. Work effectively with diverse students, staff, faculty and administrators individually and as team members.
5. Interpret and apply rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
6. Handle difficult and sensitive issues and problems and resolve conflicts.
7. Train, assign, supervise, evaluate and develop staff.
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor's degree in athletic/sports management, business management, physical education or a related field.
2. Three to five years supervisory and administrative experience.
1. Master's degree in relevant area of study.
2. Experience serving in an administrative capacity within a collegiate athletic program.
3. Coaching experience.
4. Experience working with coaches and/or faculty.
Interested applicants should apply to our Classified Short-Term Temporary Hourly Applicant Pool @ https://sjeccd.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobid=57
For consideration, please submit a District application, cover letter, resume and copy of your transcripts by Sunday, October 28, 2018 at 5:00 PM
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency