BACHS Healthcare helps individuals with a variety of mental health diagnoses achieve their life goals. We offer our clients a wide range of services, including employment, academic achievement, housing, health education and wellness management, budgeting, transportation, coping skills, and support for substance use/abuse. We are looking for a dynamic, friendly, caring, and reliable staff member to join our team. This is an opportunity to be part of a team helping out in the community and making a difference in the lives of others.
LOCATION: Baltimore Office
HOURS: Full time, M-F 11am - 7:30 pm (some flexibility in scheduling may be required)
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Substance Abuse Specialist is responsible for overseeing our OP and IOP programs, which assist clients working on recovery from addictions and related behavioral issues. This individual will supervise our SA counselors, provide support and counseling to clients and their families, and facilitate the growth and development of this program.
- Leads and/or oversees client services, including individual counseling sessions, group activities, and family interventions.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of evidence-based practices and treatment programs that follow clinical and licensing guidelines.
- Conducts regular supervision with SA staff and addresses concerns and questions.
- Evaluates potential clients for suitability of the program and monitors progress of current clients.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of all documentation.
- Collaborates with other staff within the agency, and outside providers, to streamline care.
- Assist with case management duties, including evaluating and connecting clients with other programs and resources.
- Provides crisis intervention as needed.
- Ensures compliance with all agency policies, accreditation procedures, and state regulations governing the provision of Substance Abuse and Addiction Services.
- Ability to strategically, logically, and realistically analyze, evaluate and develop solutions for client’s rehabilitation needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively build relationships with individuals of all ages, ethnicity, education, and work experience.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfort with computers and technology as needed to input clinical documentation.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple clients and scheduling.
- Reliable, ethical, and honest work ethic.
- LCADC or equivalent license preferred.
- Ability to clinically supervise SA staff and sign-off on documentation.
COMPENSATION: $18-25/hour, depending on experience
BACHS Healthcare is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment background checks are required for all employment positions.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $18.00 to $25.00 /hour
- substance abuse counseling: 3 years (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible