We are always looking to add high-caliber candidates to our team. Take a look through our open positions. See something that looks interesting? Contact our recruiter and someone will be in contact with you shortly.
Our Mission-Focused Movers are the front-line troops at Two Marines Moving. They’re at the “tip of the spear”, running, gunning, and making moves happen. Movers are the face of The Company representing our brand and our team out in the field everyday. Clients trust our Movers to protect their cherished belongings, carefully move their furniture to their new home, and do both in an expeditious/timely manner while also upholding Marine Corps principles and traits. Our Movers are the ground-pounders that provide the muscles, make all the magic, and ensure mission accomplishment.
Two Marines Moving enthusiastically hires Veterans! A full 90% of our team members took the oath to defend our nation. We’re looking for a few good Movers to fill in our ranks and join a growing team.
Mission-Focused Mover is the Perfect Job for Military/ Veterans/Student Athletes/Civilians.
- Get paid to work out: A perk of being a mover is that you’re going to burn some calories and build some muscle. A typical day out in the field is between 5-10 hours of lifting, carrying, and moving with a purpose. Besides the military and pro-sports, how many jobs do you get paid to stay in shape?
- Professional Development/ Leadership Training: We don’t just hire veterans; we develop them professionally and primarily promote within our own ranks. We invest in our team. Technical training and leadership training are part of the job at Two Marines Moving.
- Promotions are primarily from within: Similar to the military, meaning LOTS of opportunities for advancement.
- Flexible Scheduling: You pick the days you work.
- Veteran Safety Net: TMM has provided a safety net for veterans for over a decade! We simply ask that you keep your honor clean, show up on time, and show up ready to work. Contribute to an organization that has the back of America’s Veterans.
*Marines *Soldiers *Sailors *Airmen *Coast Guardsmen *Veterans
*ROTC Cadets & Delayed Entry Program Members
*First Responders *Law Enforcement *Fire *EMT
*Civilians & Dependents
Expectations of a Motivated Mover:
- Physical Strength and Physical Stamina
- Positive attitude with a “Can Do” spirit
- Teamwork: It divides the work and multiplies the success. Every move at TMM is a team effort.
- Flexibility: Ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Dependability: Ability to follow simple instructions, Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and operate under our Commander’s Intent in the absence of direct orders.
- Loyalty: Take care of our Clients, our Crew, the Company, and our Community in every professional action/ interaction while representing Two Marines Moving.
Typical Motivated Mover Employment Categories:
- Full-Time: (35-50 hours per week)
- Part-Time: Tailored to prior service using their GI BILL & ROTC students with flexible scheduling requirements around classes (10-35 hours per week)
- Weekend Warriors: Tailored for those on Active Duty or those who have Full-Time Monday through Friday jobs elsewhere (6-12 hours per week)
- Transitional/ Temporary: Tailored as temporary employment for weeks to months for those exiting the military, but seeking a job in another field (6-50 hours per week)
About Two Marines Moving
TMM provides Award-Winning moving services to residents around the entire Washington D.C. Metro area. Services include local moving, long distance moving, packing, and storage. The Company was founded by Marine and combat veteran, Nicholas Baucom, in order to provide job and career opportunities for other veterans. The Company has successfully completed 40,000+ local and long distance moving missions during the course of the last 11 years. Two Marines Moving has been recognized by the Department of Labor, Department of Veteran Affairs, the Washington Post, INC Magazine, and the White House for our efforts in hiring, training, and retaining America’s heroes.
Starting Total Effective Pay Rate: $15 – $18 an hour. Total effective pay is comprised of a base hourly rate by position, gratuity from our generous clients, bonuses, and incentive pay. You earn more money with additional responsibilities such as driving, team leading moves, obtaining certifications etc.
Crew Member: $15 – $18 an hour effective pay
Team Leader: $18 – $22 an hour effective pay
Crew Chief: $21-$27 an hour effective pay
Please ask our recruiter for details.
Learn More or Apply Now
Interested in learning more about joining our team of motivated and dedicated veterans? Want to understand more about the opportunity to advance yourself and our team? Complete the application on our web-site to start the process. A motivated recruiter will contact you to explain all the benefits of working on the TMM team and to answer all of your questions. Apply now online!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- On the road
Hours per week:
- Less than 10
Typical start time: