Lead Control Systems Engineer
Location: Henderson, NV
Experience: 2-5 Years
Join Our Expanding Western Regional Office in Henderson, NV and be a Part of Something Special
RELOCATION/SIGNING BONUS OFFERED
Join a world class automation engineering firm! Thermo Systems seeks energetic team members who strive to succeed and make a difference in a fast-paced, hands-on, engineering environment. Our greatest asset is our team and we work hard to create a rewarding environment. Be part of something unique; excel and enjoy.
Who We Are:
Thermo Systems is a global, full-service control systems integration partner, providing world-class automation solutions within the District Energy, Life Sciences, Mission Critical, and Power Generation markets. From our growing number of office locations, Thermo Systems designs and deploys automation projects throughout North America and Europe.
Our Current Need:
We are currently seeking a full-time field experienced Lead Control Systems Engineer with 2 to 5 years of industrial automation experience to join our growing western regional office in Henderson, NV.
Summary of Duties:
This detail-oriented position will be based out of our field office in Henderson, NV and will be an integral part of our service group and project implementation team responsible for leading and coordinating the installation, start-up, and troubleshooting of PLC based control systems. Qualified candidates will also provide field service, repairs, and preventative maintenance procedures to industrial process control systems including controllers, networks and peripheral devices. In-town travel and overnight travel to project sites outside the Henderson area, including training and team collaboration functions at our East Windsor, NJ engineering headquarters, may be required.
Qualified Candidates shall exhibit one or more of the following attributes:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology related field.
- 2+ years working with and programming automated equipment including VFDs and other programmable controllers.
- Experience in programming of one or more of the following PLC platforms: Allen Bradley, Modicon, GE Fanuc, Siemens.
- Hands-on experience with electrical panel, design, build and troubleshooting; including field installation of building automation systems equipment, instrumentation, and end devices.
- Experience in hardware and software design development for process and energy based applications.
- Experience in programming one or more of the following SCADA packages: RSFactoryTalk, Wonderware, Genesis Iconics, iFix.
- Experience in programming of one of more of the following Building Automation System (BAS) Human Machine Interface (HMI): Tridium, Honeywell, Siemens, JCI, Allerton, Automated Logic Controls.
- Experience with information technology infrastructure components as they relate to industrial automation systems.
- Experience in third-party integration devices connected through Modbus, LON, Ethernet IP, Siemens P2, BACNET, or other communication protocols.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong hands-on mechanical and electrical aptitude to understand and troubleshoot the machinery with which our control systems interface. Previous field engineering experience a plus.
- The ability to work independently as well as on a project team.
- Overnight and in-town travel will be required.
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, annual bonuses, 401(k) with company match, and business travel reimbursement: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including low cost options.
- Training: We offer in-house and factory technical training to keep our staff sharp.
- Vacation / Sick Time: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
Visit us at www.thermosystems.com to learn more!
Thermo Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Signing bonus
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift
Company's Facebook page: