Full Job Description
The 5-Surgical unit is located on the 5th floor at Parkview Regional Medical Center. This is a 36-bed Medical Surgical unit with varying levels of acuity depending on the patient’s phase of recovery. Most patients in the unit are recovering from some type of general surgery that requires a short inpatient hospital stay.
The Registered Nurse independently plans and provides excellent professional nursing care for patients in accordance with physician orders, established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, American Nurses Association Standards of Clinical Practice, Indiana Nurses Practice Act, and the ANA Code of Ethics.
- Requires a Diploma in Nursing or an Associates of Nursing (ASN); Bachelor of Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Valid Indiana Registered Nurse license is required
- Must have current CPR certification
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, assist with lifting 100 pounds (Lifting requirement may be heavier for specified departments)
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Compensation: Welcome and relocation bonuses offered, Loan repayment, Tuition assistance for continuing education
- Benefits: Health benefits and paid time off
- Education: Clinical onboarding and orientation, Nurse Residency program
- Growth: Professional nurse competency advancement program (STEPP Up)
- Recognition: Magnet recognition, 2018 Top 100 hospitals recognition, Advisory Board Workplace of the Year
- Culture: World-class teamwork, Personalized health journeys for coworkers and family members
Parkview Health · Surgical
Part Time Benefit Eligible, Days, 7a-7:30p