Fresh Ideas is currently seeking an experienced, hands-on, innovative, Director of Dining Services to join our growing team in Peru, NE. As a Director of Dining Service, the successful candidate will oversee all aspects of the dining operation at an academic account in Nebraska.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic, positive attitude, compassionate customer service skills, drive to succeed, and passion for culinary excellence. He/she is able to establish and maintain a successful partnership with the client and staff.
- Directly oversees and coaches all dining service team members, leading by example to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Oversees daily operations of all areas of food service including board operation, retail outlets, and catering
- Procurement and inventory of all necessary equipment and food items
- Establishes a business plan and operating budget
- Monitors financial and non-financial results in all areas
- Weekly payroll, financial reporting, and invoicing
Requirements to be successful in this position include:
- Minimum of 3 years of proven management experience in the food service industry as a Director or Chef
- Previous food service experience in a college/university setting
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong financial acumen, comprehending cost analysis, P&L and fiscal budgeting
- Sound working knowledge of technology
- The ability to develop team members through appropriate coaching, training, mentoring, communicating job expectations and enforcing company policies and procedures
- Prior catering experience with a strong desire to create outstanding events
- Maturity and professionalism with the ability to establish and proactively maintains effective client and resident relations
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently
- Willingness to work a variable schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
We’re a growing company that offers all the benefits you'd expect, such as health and dental insurance, term life insurance, paid time off, 401k and the opportunity to be part of a culture focused on integrity, innovation, people, and fun!
Job Type: Full-time
- management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly