BROWARD COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY JOB DESCRIPTION
Administrative Assistant II
Job Summary: Performs a variety of clerical/administrative functions of a basic to intermediate nature in supporting the needs of the Assisted Housing Directors; primarily providing support in the compliance and quality functions.
1. Provides administrative support services including answering phones, preparing correspondence, filing, sorting, preparing reports and requisitions, reserving meeting rooms, faxing, forms preparation, activity tracking, reviewing invoices for approval and payment, public records requests and other miscellaneous administrative functions.
2. Assists in the preparation of regular reports as well as reports for senior management, Board of Commissioners, community partners, government agencies, and departmental leaders as requested or required.
3. Assists with researching data as assigned.
4. Maintains departmental files, logs, and reports.
5. Assists with organizing and preparing training programs and on-line educational material for staff as instructed.
6. May provide back-up to Client Services Supervisor as needed.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
High school diploma or GED. Some college preferred.
Years of Experience:
Minimum three (3) years of experience working as an administrative assistant or in a position performing basic administrative/clerical functions.
Annual Pay Range:
Assisted Housing Directors
· Excellent customer service skills and the ability to connect with diverse personalities and background.
· Ability to operate various office equipment including fax machine, copier, scanner, and phone system.
· Ability to work with a high level of discretion, trust, and independent judgement.
· Basic mathematical skills which would usually be obtained through a high school education or equivalent.
· Ability to communicate effectively through verbal and in written means in e-mails, letters, reports, memos, and personal meetings.
· Intermediate skills in the use of personal computers and software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
· Occasional standing, walking, sitting; using hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reaching with hands and arms; climbing stairs; balancing; stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling; talking or hearing; occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
· Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus;
· The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $34,406.00 - $55,049.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Administrative Support: 3 years (Required)
- preparing reports: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible