The Business Analyst is involved in the design or modification of business processes and systems, which include PCM's IT systems. The analyst interacts with stakeholders and subject matter experts spanning all business areas (e.g. Marketing, Finance, Legal, etc) in order to understand their problems and needs. The Business Analyst gathers, documents, and analyzes business needs and requirements.
- Eliciting business requirements through interviews, surveys, focus groups, or other similar methods
- Capturing for each initiative the business context - problem, current state, desired future state, objectives, business needs and impacted user groups
- Developing requirements (business, user and software requirements - both functional and non-functional) and establishing traceability to the business vision
- Developing metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities.
- Facilitating collaborative working sessions
- Delivering application and business process training as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, Operations Analysis or comparable field
- Proven success over 3 years or more as a Business Analyst
- CCBA, CBAP, or CBATL certification from IIBA is preferred. Certified Six Sigma Green or Black Belt obtained from ASQ are acceptable equivalents.
- Experience in eliciting and documenting requirements for IT, as well as non-technical projects
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio. Must be comfortable using similar applications such as Google Sheets, Google Slides, and LucidChart.
- Basic understanding of Project Management documents and concepts such as: project lifecycle, charter, scope, WBS, Gantt chart, and RACI.
- Experience working as a part of a project team and an appreciation for the relationship between Project Managers and Business Analysts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience in group facilitation
- Experience or familiarity with the following Business Analysis concepts and tools: Acceptance and Evaluation Criteria, Brainstorming, Data Flow Diagrams, Interviews, Item Tracking, Lessons Learned, Metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Non-Functional Requirements Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, Stakeholder Lists, Maps, or Personas, Surveys or Questionnaires, Use Cases and Scenarios, and User Stories
Job Type: Full-time
- Business Analysis: 3 years (Preferred)
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt (Preferred)
- CCBA, CBAP, or CBATL (Preferred)