1 yr contract in Irvine, CA
40hrs wk M-F
send resumes to email@example.com
Top must have requirements
junior level with:
1+ years of professional experience.
Degree in Supply Chain Management or Operations Management Understanding of MRP database management.
Understanding of ERP highly preferred.
Must be technically savvy with Excel for data analysis and running queries.
Experience in PCB component buying/sourcing
- The Planner/Buyer manages materials and/or services to support the company's purchasing programs.
- The Planner/Buyer is responsible for procurement functions directly associated with the company's needs for production materials, indirect, tooling, and services. These products and services are to be secured at cost quality and at delivery competitive levels consistent with company policy and performance standards.
- The position is further responsible for the timely planning and scheduling of receipt and inventory control of the products and services as assigned consistent with ERP software requirements or as appropriately concluded with a requisitioner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Initiates purchase orders and amendments for parts, services and/or special tools; arranges for submission and inspection of sample products as required; maintains close coordination with plant engineering to ensure timely execution of product, services, and sourcing activities.
- Utilize MRP planning tools to anticipate issues and implement preemptive solutions. Monitor MRP systems to assure proper lead time, minimum orders, lot sizes, and etc.
- Secures and analyzes quotations, negotiates prices and terms with suppliers, and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
- Interviews and confers with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics inventory control and management; negotiates prices and delivery terms.
- Coordinates the planning of recent schedules and inventory control parameters for the assigned products and services consistent with ERP requirements or as arranged with requisitioners.
- Coordinates as appropriate quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
- Visits suppliers' facilities to understand them as new sources and assists in the resolution of production, design, quality and/or delivery problems.
- Performs analytics as required for inventory management and inventory right sizing to ensure inventory levels are managed and maintained to the established annual metrics Opens work orders, maintains work orders within the established guidelines of the organization and supports finance with the research and resolution of job variances.
Skills: Work Environment
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an external worker to successfully perform the essential functions of this engagement.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Education: Required Education and Experience
Degree in Supply Chain Management or Operations Management.
1+ years of professional experience.
Skills and Experience:
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
Veteran Status: No
# of Positions: 1