WORKING ABOARD THE M/V GOLDEN ALASKA
For most people, living and working aboard a processing ship is very different from any other situation you will likely encounter and brings challenges on a daily basis. At the height of A Season and B Season it takes the full efforts and resources of over 130 people to keep up with the steady supply of incoming fish and to maintain 24-hour production.
This means demanding, long hours for everyone, constant noise, cramped quarters with little or no privacy, fatigue, physical discomfort and boredom. Don’t come aboard the vessel with adventurous notions of life at sea. In reality, life at sea is often dull and uncomfortable. It certainly is not an experience for everyone.
WHAT KIND OF WORK WILL I BE DOING?
- The Cook is responsible for preparing family style meals for crew on the vessel.
- May be responsible for preparing breakfast and quick break food items for the crew on a daily basis using kitchen equipment, tools and supplies.
- May be responsible for baking bread and pastries.
- Cleans kitchen area, equipment, and tools after each meal to meet sanitation standards
- Assists with preparation of midday, evening, and night meals as necessary.
- Ensures all food preparation and storage is in compliance with health standards
- Understands and complies with company and regulatory environmental policies regarding hotel waste disposal.
- Plans menus with Chief Steward to best utilize inventory
- Assists with inventory and ordering as requested by Chief Steward.
- Assists in the loading and unloading of food and other supplies into various storage areas located on various levels of the vessel.
- Encourages and fosters good relationship with crew to ensure mealtimes are enjoyable.
- 1 year of experience as a Cook on a fishing vessel, cruise ship or restaurant preferred.
- Knowledge of reading and preparing recipes for groups of 50+
- Free Room and Board
- Health/Dental benefits once eligibility requirements are met
- Crew Share/Percentage Based
Golden Alaska Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a DRUG FREE company.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $7,400.00 - $14,000.00 per month
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Fast casual restaurant
- Quick service & fast food restaurant
- Are you willing to work AT SEA for 3 months?
- Are you willing to work 12-16 hours per day every day for 3 months?
Work Location: In person