Seeking construction site safety representative in the Sanford, NC Area. Responsible for proactively and strategically developing, coordinating, and directing company-wide safety compliance programs, systems and initiatives to include the following: safety training, incident investigation/follow-up, incident prevention programs, safety awareness programs, worker’s compensation claims management, and minimizing property loss exposure. Responsible for developing a safety based culture by utilizing World Class Manufacturing (WCM) methodology.
BA degree in a safety related field or 5 years’ experience preferred. Minimum of 2 years working knowledge in a manufacturing environment in a Safety/Environmental role. Ability to successfully interact with all levels of construction personnel is a must. Pay will be based on experience.
12-18 month position with possibility of becoming full-time employee of the company.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and manage safety compliance programs and procedures including but not limited to the following: hazard communication, lockout/tagout, bloodborne pathogens, hearing conservation, industrial hygiene, confined space, laboratory safety, powered industrial trucks (PIT), first aid/CPR, electrical safety, personal protective equipment (PPE), respiratory protection, machine guarding, crane and hoist safety, and emergency planning.
- Manage all activities related to worker’s compensation which includes maintaining OSHA recordkeeping and other regulated filing requirements, interfacing with insurance carrier to provide timely progression of claims, litigation management, employee follow-up, incident investigations with supervisors to correct safety hazards, tracking of incident and injury data to identify trends, and administering the employee return-to-work program.
- Manage all interaction with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies and risk/loss control issues with property insurance carrier.
- Coordinate and manage activities of outside consultants that may be required to ensure safety compliance.
- Develop and manage operational budget for safety functional area.
- Chair safety teams that are responsible for implementing countermeasures and improving overall safety of the facility.
- Develop and manage safety training initiatives which correlate with related programs and procedures.
- Member of the human resources team which is involved in the handling of employee issues and/or special human resources projects or initiatives as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with OSHAS 18001 standards including internal audits and management reviews
- Serve as WCM safety pillar leader by participating in WCM meetings and activities.
- Facilitate corrective action pertaining uncontrolled hazards, injuries, near misses, unsafe conditions, and unsafe acts.
- Assure that work practices are in the guidelines of OSHA standards.
- Follow all Environmental Health and Safety rules and ISO requirements.
- Assure that all products are built to the highest standard of quality.
- Follow all IATF16949 requirements.
- Participate in WCM, also provides suggestions to improve processes and participates on team projects.
- BA in a safety related field preferred.
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
- 2 or more year’s working knowledge in a manufacturing environment in a Safety/Environmental role.
- Factory/plant experience a plus.
- Detail oriented.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to change.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Computer literate and mechanically inclined a plus.
- Strong hand/eye coordination.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Proficient with presentations skills.
- Can create accurate and punctual reports, share information and ideas with others.
- Possesses good listening skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Ability to analyze information and data (technical/legal/numeric).
- Ability to motivate associates.
- Proactive approach to problem solving and accident investigation.
- Must have intermediate to advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Fluent in English
- Position is hands-on; requires Manufacturing floor mobility.
- Pursue Zero Defects
- Detail orientated mindset required for investigation and analysis of non-conformances
- Work well with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have the ability to read and write.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk, and hear.
- Occasionally required to perform repetitive motions.
- Frequently is required to walk, use hands to feel or handle, and to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lb.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working amongst moving parts, oil, grease, coolants, fumes, and other airborne particulates which can become hazardous under certain circumstances.
- 40 Hrs. week.
- 7 A.M.-4 P.M.
- Overtime possible
Job Type: 12-18 month position with possibility of becoming full-time employee of the company.
Job Type: Temporary
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Factory/plant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Required)
- Safety/Environmental: 2 years (Required)