Special Investigator Division: Crime Strategies Unit
(temporary grant funded position –
The Justice Center Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
1200 Ontario Street, 9th floor (variable shifts/hours may apply)
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
High School diploma or GED supplemented with vocational coursework or technical training in law enforcement or criminology or a related field and two (2) years previous experience in law enforcement and performing investigations.
Presently commissioned as a Law Enforcement Officer or recently retired and able to become recertified through OPOTA. Current State of Ohio Driver's License. A thorough background check will be made prior to offering the position.
The purpose of this classification is to investigate criminal cases related to the Cuyahoga County Crime Strategies Unit; to facilitate adjudication of cases by assisting prosecutors with case information, locating victims, witnesses and suspects, and providing other functions related to investigations.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Runs leads, conducts investigations; locates case files; coordinates and executes search warrants; collects, documents, and logs evidence during searches, conducts detailed review of financial information;
- Serves subpoenas;
- Locates victims, witnesses and suspects and takes statements; conducts interviews of suspects, witnesses, victims, and inmates;
- Provides investigative and technical assistance to law enforcement agencies;
- Testifies in court at trial suppression hearings and sentencing regarding investigations;
- Prepares investigative reports to assist Prosecutors in completing case files;
- Communicates with a variety of members of the public, family members, outside and County agencies, witnesses, suspects, law enforcement agencies, attorneys, advocate groups, and other investigators;
- Attends and participates in group meetings and trainings; and
- Performs all other duties assigned, delegated or required of the Investigator as well as those prescribed by law.
- Requires the ability to perform basic level of data analysis including the ability to review, classify, categorize, prioritize and/or reference data, statutes and/or guidelines and/or group, rank, investigate and problem solve;
- Ability to comprehend a variety of informational documents including case files, subpoenas, bank records, personal checks, financial records, police records, lab reports and results, investigative and other reports, vehicle titles, handwriting exemplars, written statements and interviews, and emails;
- Ability to prepare emails, investigative reports, expense reports, subpoenas, search warrants, diagrams, vehicle mileage reports, and other job related documents using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style;
- Ability to use and interpret basic financial, legal, counseling, and forensic terminology;
- Ability to communicate and to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, family members, witnesses, victims, suspects, attorneys, law enforcement personnel, co-workers, the general public, supervisor and co-workers;
- Must possess qualities of fairness, a strong work ethic, have the highest integrity; and must also maintain the confidentiality of law enforcement and investigatory records and other confidential information;
- Must be able to conduct business in accordance with federal statutes and guidelines, the Ohio Revised Code, and the Ohio Administrative Code.
Upload a letter of interest including your e-mail address, resume, and three professional references via the online application process at: http://prosecutor.applicantstack.com/x/openings
All materials must arrive no later than 4:30 PM on Friday, October 4, 2019
ALL JOB OFFERS ARE MADE WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES PASS A DRUG TEST AND A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION PRIOR TO BEING HIRED.
Reasonable accommodation is available to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability that needs to be accommodated, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Equal Opportunity Employer; Smoke-free and Drug-free Workplace
Visit our website: