Koniag Management Services, a Koniag Government Services company, is seeking an experienced Business Analyst with a Secret Clearance to support KMS and our government customer. This is a remote opportunity.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
Koniag Management Solutions is hiring a Business Analyst to support to Army PEO EIS and its customers in a Managed Service Provider operation. This opportunity offers the chance to work with the best and brightest IT minds in the Department of Defense and US Industry to implement an Army cloud service managed service provider (MSP) to support Army PEO EIS and associated systems in a government commercial cloud hosting environment. The MSP support services may include in-depth technical analysis of the current cloud environment, IT program management, cloud migration support, security management, access management, change management, incident management, patch management, provisioning management, log management, engineering support, and training.
Assist in applying common best practices for the industry to the customer using a knowledge base to create conceptual IT service and business models and to identify relevant issues and considerations in selecting, migrating, and maintaining application software packages in an enterprise cloud environment. Assist in the assessment of the operational and functional baseline of an organization and its organizational components and help to define the direction and strategy for an engagement while ensuring the organizational needs are being addressed. Typical areas addressed include IT management and operations. Assist in the identification and generation of functional area strategies for enhanced IT operations in a cross-functional area mode throughout the organization. Participate in cross functional teams, develop, and validate IT management concepts, strategic assessments, and design reviews to validate enterprise approach and associated work products.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in coordination of IT management efforts with other teams and teammates to resolve issues quickly.
- Provide support to customers by resolving problems with regard to mission, scope, planning, implementation and deployment of cloud solutions.
- Document and track issues
- Provide documentation for trending issues.
- Develops deep consumer understanding, building intimacy and empathy with cross-functional teams.
- Communicating PEO EIS cloud, cybersecurity, and business updates
- Researching and developing replies to specific issues across traditional and digital contact methods
- Maintaining responsibility for knowledge management tool for accuracy and completeness
- Uncover insights to answer training and business questions and project future trends.
- Analyze data and be able to prepare insights and analysis; uses analytics reporting tools.
- Prepares ad hoc reports.
- Special projects and additional duties as assigned.
- Analyze customer’s enterprise IT management needs and help customer translate into requirements.
- Prepare white papers and informational memoranda on technical areas of interest, such as enterprise application architecture, modern software practices and tools, etc.
- Efficiently plan, research and document business system requirements.
- Researching, analyzing, and modeling existing IT processes.
Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 3+ years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Insightful analytical and problem-solving skills – including the ability to develop solutions in new and creative ways.
- Ability to combine knowledge and expertise from diverse areas in new/unique ways to solve problems.
- Ability to speak with confidence and energy in public, in person, and over the phone.
- Proficient with Excel, Word, and Google Docs
- Good organization skills
- Ability to work both independently (with direction) and with a team.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of PEO EIS Policies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable in a fast paced/dynamic environment.
- Must be a US Citizen, hold a current/active DoD Secret Clearance
Working Environment & Conditions
This job operates in a professional office environment and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The workload may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision,color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations.
Koniag Government Services (KGS) is an Alaska Native Owned corporation supporting the values and traditions of our native communities through an agile employee and corporate culture that delivers Enterprise Solutions, Professional Services and Operational Management to Federal Government Agencies. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Koniag, we apply our proven commercial solutions to a deep knowledge of Defense and Civilian missions to provide forward leaning technical, professional, and operational solutions. KGS enables successful mission outcomes for our customers through solution-oriented business partnerships and a commitment to exceptional service delivery. We ensure long-term success with a continuous improvement approach while balancing the collective interests of our customers, employees, and native communities. For more information, please visit www.koniag-gs.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. Shareholder Preference in accordance with Public Law 88-352