Peak Performers is a nonprofit recruiting firm specializing in contract roles with state of Texas government agencies. We've partnered with a state of Texas government agency to recruit for an Cloud Applications Analyst. The work will take place in downtown Austin and the workday will be 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Monday - Saturday.
- Assists in the configuration, maintenance and monitoring of the agency’s on-premises Linux server systems, on-premises virtualized systems and version control system environments
- Perform custom application development, maintenance and technical support for agency public and internal websites and applications and assist with the configuration and maintenance of the agency’s Windows and other cloud-based application hosting platforms and version control system environments
- Scope and plan projects utilizing the Agile methodology and practices (Kanban or Scrum)
- Automate technology infrastructure installation, configuration, monitoring, maintenance and change management processes utilizing various scripting languages/technologies (e.g. BASH, C#.NET, PHP, T-SQL, DOS Batch, PowerShell), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) provider technologies and platform- specific APIs (e.g. Amazon’s S3, Microsoft’s Azure Storage Services)
- Create and maintain technical documentation of custom software projects and automated processes
- Assist in the development and documentation of internal policies and processes related to software development lifecycle management
- Assist in the creation of Statements of Work (SOWs) for the implementation of vendor provided services
- Participate in implementation and remediation activities based on audit recommendations
- Provide daily production application environment monitoring and troubleshooting including log inspection and alert response as well as assisting in the implementation of agency disaster recovery procedures
- Demonstrate strong understanding of user interface design, browser compatibility, accessibility/usability standards, industry best practices and conventions
- Possess design experience and functional knowledge of the utilization of various web services standards (e.g. REST, SOAP, etc.); design patterns (e.g. MVC), design methodologies (e.g. Agile\Scrum, etc.) and modern software development paradigms like object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Gather and document business requirements by meeting with information technology team members and project stakeholders.
- Possess strong knowledge in change management, version control and process.
- Provide technical leadership to other team members through mentorship
- Provide email and telephone support to company staff and remote users of agency websites, services and custom created solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 4 years of experience administration and/or production maintenance of Windows and Linux-based web services environments including Internet Information Services (IIS)/SQL Server/.NET Framework and/or Apache/MySQL/PHP (LAMP)
- 4 years of experience with development on the Red Hat Enterprise Server (RHEL) and/or CentOS platforms
- 4 years of experience with relational database administration experience (e.g. Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Oracle, MariaDB) including general server maintenance and backup/recovery operations, and SQL database, table, view, procedure/function creation and maintenance
- 4 years of experience utilizing and maintaining a source version control system (e.g. CVS, Subversion, GIT, etc.)
- 4 years of experience with relational database systems development experience (e.g. Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Oracle, MariaDB) including entity creation (e.g. instances, databases, tables) and SQL query/stored procedures/function design
- 4 years of experience implementing, maintaining and performance tuning Linux Server
systems including the configuration of SSHD, FTPD, NFS, SAMBA and file system permissions
- 4 years of experience with technical requirements gathering and documentation experience
- 4 years of experience planning and scheduling programming projects including task prioritization, sprint planning, test creation and planning, level of effort determination and the development of code verification procedures and processes
- 3 years of experience standardizing, maintaining and documenting development, QA and production environments and performing automated build deployments
- 2 years of experience writing programming guides and API platform reference guides
- 2 years of experience with creation and maintenance of technical documentation and fillable forms utilizing Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Working knowledge of cybersecurity standards and industry best practices
- Demonstrate a professional, courteous approach to any end-user interactions and to be able to communicate issues and resolutions in a clear, non-technical manner
- Self-motivated and directed with the ability to effectively multitask, prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment while providing timely project/task updates
- Must be available for after-hours/weekend work on a consistent basis
- Adept ability with at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals
- Must be able to safely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
through August 31, 2018
$53.50 / hour (W2)
7:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Monday - Saturday
What's it like to work for Peak Performers
- Qualified applicants with chronic medical conditions and/or disabilities receive job preference.
- Our clients can hire you at any time - with no fee! We want you to get hired.
- We pay weekly through direct deposit.
- We offer ACA compliant health insurance at 60 days.
- In business since 1994, our relationships span 24 years and thousands of job placements.
All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Applicants for employment with Peak Performers must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.
Peak Performers is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Peak Performers does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.