Essen is currently seeking Full-time & Part-time Board-Certified Nurse Practitioners for our Nursing Home Division.
The Nurse Practitioner provides primary health care to long term care patients, which includes assessment and development of Plan of care in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, provision of direct patient care and evaluation of effectiveness of plan of care. The Nurse Practitioner (NP) functions in a collegial and collaborative relationship with physicians and other health professionals making independent decisions about nursing needs and collaborative decisions with physicians regarding health regimens. Assumes dependent responsibilities in carrying out delegated medical acts. The quality of care is under the direction of the Senior Medical Director
The selected candidate will be responsible to perform daily Nurse Practitioner duties including but not limited to:
- Obtains a complete health history and records findings.
- Performs physical examinations, functional status evaluations, and/or mental status evaluations, orders and evaluates appropriate laboratory and diagnostic tests, and records findings.
- Identifies and describes behavioral patterns of the chronically ill associated with developmental processes, lifestyle, and family relationships
- Discriminates between normal and abnormal findings associated with aging, pathological processes, lifestyles and/or family relationships as influenced by chronic illness.
- Exercises clinical judgment in differentiating between situations.
- Confounded by acute chronic health status change, which the Nurse Practitioner can manage, and those, which require consultations and/or referrals.
- Interprets screenings and selected diagnostic tests
- Managing, Planning, Treating, Evaluating
- Provides preventative health care, episodic care and arranges referrals as needed
- Manages common self-limiting and or episodic health problems within scope of practice and according to current practice guidelines
- Manages stabilized chronic illnesses in collaboration with physicians according to current practice guidelines.
- Prescribes and adjusts medications within the scope of prescriptive authority and current practice guidelines
- Recommends symptomatic treatments and non-prescription medicines
- Assists clines and families to assure greater responsibility for their own health maintenance and illness care by providing instruction, counseling, and guidance
- Monitors patients in nursing home, to provide continuity of care and assists in discharge planning
The successful candidate will have the following Qualifications:
- Master s Degree in a Nurse Practitioner Program: Family, Adult, or Geriatric
- ANCC Certification
- Current New York State License as a Nurse Practitioner.
- National Board Certification required
- Advance Practice Nurse Prescriber License required
- DEA registration required
- Bilingual (Spanish Speaking) is a plus
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $95,689.00 - $156,991.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certified Nurse Practitioner (Preferred)
- APRN (Preferred)
- RN (Preferred)