Performs a variety of routine and non-routine accounting tasks and financial analytics. Provide instruction to business unit personnel to ensure effective operating procedures are being used. Demonstrates ability to work independently and to solve non-recurring problems.
- Prepares month/quarter-end closing journal entries with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations for management review.
- Anticipating and avoiding non-compliance of internal controls, accounting principles and financial standards.
- Prepare Statement of Sales and Cost of Sales and perform product line margin analysis.
- Prepare Sales Inbound/Backlog Report by Product line.
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of data into the financial reporting system (quickbooks ).
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual supporting schedules/reports.
- Prepares various reports for the sales/finance team, both during the regular close process and on an ad hoc basis.
- Prepare and present monthly financial statement analysis to operational management (including General Manager) and assist with inquiries.
- Supports annual budgeting process: interacts with internal sources to gather necessary inputs, performs detailed analysis, and responds to inquiries from management.
- Responds to frequent requests for information from internal staff, auditors, and third-party consultants. Researches issues and resolves problems as required.
- Identify issues and recommend solutions or elevate to manager for discussion and resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- 4+ years of accounting/finance experience required; oil field equipment manufacturing/service experience preferred but not required.
- Percentage of completion accounting experience preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in the following software applications: quickbooks , and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to work independently on assignments involving complex issues without direct supervision; ability to do the work and teach what they know to other employees and internal customers.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- quickbooks: 3 years
- Accounting: 3 years
- accounting/finance: 3 years