Charter NEX Films is North America’s leading independent producer of high-performance specialty films used in flexible packaging and other critical performance applications. With our exclusive focus on blown and cast film extrusion, you’ll find unmatched expertise and a company that is invested in your success. We at Charter NEX Films always strive for “A Better Way.”
Charter NEX Films currently has an opportunity for a Logistics Manager to join our team located in our Turners Falls, MA location. The Logistics Manager will have a fantastic opportunity to develop a team of warehouse and shipping personnel to support growing operations while striving to exceed customer expectations. This individual will report directly to the Plant Operations Manager and have dotted line involvement and support from Corporate Logistics.
- The Logistics Manager leads, coaches, and develops processes associated with shipping and receiving products and other materials moving through the plant.
- The Logistics Manager plays an integral role in achieving plant goals and objectives by leading the team to follow proper procedures, work instructions and ensuring accurate documentation.
- The Logistics Manager inspires, drives, and supports continuous improvement in all aspects of his/her work.
- The Logistics Manager provides confident and concise communication internally with all levels of employees and externally to customers, carriers, and vendors. This position would lead 8-12 employees in material handling, recycling, transportation, and inventory management.
- Work safely following all safety rules.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- 3-5 years of leadership experience in warehousing and/or transportation.
- Adapts quickly to change.
- Proven expertise in ERP functionality and preferred TMS operation experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Available for occasional unscheduled on-call requirements.
- Available to travel for training, conferences, and/or plant visits.
- Ability to operate different types of PIVs (forklift, powered pallet jack, etc.).
Job Type: Full-time
- Shipping & Receiving: 3 years (Required)
- What size team have you lead and a brief description of their responsibilities?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- On call