POSITION TITLE: Safe Harbor Shelter Advocate
REPORTS TO: Shelter Coordinator and/or Executive Director
SCHEDULED HOURS: Part-time (Nights and/or weekends)
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: To provide high quality performance in the day-to-day operation of the
Safe Harbor Shelter
- Experience in a human service field preferred
- Sensitivity to issues of family violence, sexual assault, child abuse and neglect
- Sensitivity and awareness of issues related to diversity
- Experience working with adolescents and children preferred
- Ability to empower individuals in a time of need
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with computers and technology
- Ability to work in complex situations and manage multiple tasks and crisis situations
- Ability to act as a member of a team
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
1. Provide advocacy, case management, and resource and referral services for clients as needed.
2. Assure the needs of shelter clients are being met, such as food and personal items.
3. Enforce all shelter policies and procedures to ensure safety, security, and confidentiality for clients.
4. Perform duties in shelter as assigned by Shelter Coordinator.
6. Answer 24 hours crisis line in a professional and timely manner.
7. Respond to law enforcement or hospital calls for advocacy to victims of domestic violence or sexual assault.
8. Recognize and deal with crisis situations in a calm manner.
9. Exercise appropriate decision-making in regard to shelter services, priorities and clients.
10. Promote positive public image of Safe Harbor and the Safe Harbor Shelter.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the Shelter Coordinator or Executive Director.
12. Adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth by Safe Harbor.
Employee Signature Date
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $12.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)