My prestigious client, an AMlaw 100 Law Firm, seeks an Office Administrator who will be responsible for managing the strategic and day-to-day operations of his or her respective office, implementing Firm-wide strategies and processes and ensuring the needs of the local attorneys, staff and Firm clients are met.
- Works with the office Partners and Support Staff managers to strategize and implement plans to address changing needs of the attorneys, clients and office.
- Manages overall administration of non-legal functions in the office.
- Manages complexities of office tasks and initiatives, within financial constraints.
- Oversees budget and manages expenses throughout the offices support departments. Provides direction for timekeeping, billing, accounts receivable and accounts payable. Recommends corrective action as required.
- Supports Firm's practice and business priorities by developing guidelines and processes to promote efficiency, effectiveness, excellent customer service and improved employee relations, in alignment with the Firm's Core Values.
- Coordinates vendor relationships both locally and in collaboration with established enterprise vendor relationships.
- Manages the office's infrastructure, including acquisitions and maintenance of office equipment, furniture and vendor relationships. Ensures that reception, kitchen, mail and copy centers, messenger and purchasing are operating effectively.
- Manages space utilization, lease administration and other real estate related projects in consultation with Office Leader and Director of Real Estate.
- Provides leadership and support to practice support functions, such as Legal Assistant Services, Records Management, Docket/Calendar, Conflicts, Secretarial and Word Processing Services.
- Coordinates various office functions such as holiday parties, sporting events, staff appreciation events and charitable.
- Administers the office's Emergency Response Program and insures, in collaboration with the Director of Security and Support Services, that effective emergency response readiness is in place and that staff is apprised of emergency response paradigms.
Liaison with Firm Directors
- Collaborates with Firm Directors to promote Firm established standards and priorities at all levels within the office.
- Provides Chief Administrative Officer, Directors of Attorney Recruiting and Professional Personnel with updates concerning partner, attorney and office management related matters, as appropriate.
- Ensures that goals and priorities set by Firm Directors are appropriately administered locally.
Human Resources Administration
- Administers the Support Staff Human Resources (HR) activities of the office in conjunction with HR staff and the HR Director, including employment policies, recruiting, performance management, payroll and compensation, terminations and personnel record keeping, training and continued professional development of staff to insure knowledge of current and effective industry trends. Conducts employee performance evaluations and counsels employees, taking appropriate employment actions when necessary.
Collaborates with HR to assess Support Staff training needs and to design training programs, utilizing appropriate facilitators, as needed.
- Provides the Director of HR with updates concerning support staff related matters including, but not limited to, employee relations, discipline issues and management issues.
- Partners with the Human Resources, Attorney Recruiting, Professional Personnel and Diversity and Inclusion Departments on diversity and inclusion related programs for the office.
- Forges cooperative and mutually respective relationships between and among partners, attorneys and staff.
- Builds and maintains credibility and trustworthiness.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER JOB-RELATED COMPETENCIES:
- Current knowledge of legal industry's best practices, trends and techniques
- Ability to engender respect of attorneys and staff by demonstrating a deep understanding of the business of law firm management
- Understands and is able to successfully perform in a matrix environment
- Ability to coordinate and implement projects, processes and change management
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple processes and projects and delegate effectively
- Professional demeanor, high emotional intelligence and ability to interact effectively with all levels
- Strong initiative, collaboration and leadership skills
- Ability to positively influence and persuade
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Demonstrates a commitment to conducting oneself in an unbiased and objective manner
- Ability to work through business downturns and make difficult decisions
- Ability to administer Firm policies and procedures
- Ability to handle sensitive matters, and maintain impartiality and confidentiality
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Strong technological skills and knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), project management and database applications, with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Flexibility to travel
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of ten years relevant office administration or human resources management experience, preferably in a legal environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- Office Administration: 10 years
Required work authorization: