Customized Distribution Services, Inc. (CDS) is a national provider of advanced logistics capabilities, processes, and solutions via a network of modern distribution centers managed to precise safety and operational standards. Every CDS distribution center blends a sophisticated radio - frequency warehouse management system, a skilled workforce, and refined tracking and management processes to produce extremely high inventory accuracy rates and client satisfaction levels. We are always looking for talented and motivated people to join our company, and many opportunities exist at our local sites in the areas of customer service, warehouse operations, and technology. As a progressive and growing organization, Customized Distribution Services offers an employee-friendly environment, and excellent work-life balance, comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision and opportunities for personal and professional development. Please complete a submission of your interest for a position in warehouse careers, HR careers and others by clicking on any of the open positions listed below.
Currently CDS is looking for a qualified Customer Service Manager for our Edwardsville, IL location.
CDS provides a comprehensive benefits programs, including two Cigna medical plan options. Coverage includes medical, dental and vision. In addition, employees are eligible to participate in the 401(k) plan within a year of service.
Executes goals and objectives set by Customer Service and Operations Management to ensure excellent service to the company’s local clients, both internal and external. Builds proficiency in the management of data within the warehouse management system (WMS) and client systems; ensures that client inventory management and order fulfillment responsibilities are completed in a timely fashion and with the highest standard of service. Plans and directs the activities of the local Customer Service Department. Develops procedures and establishes standards to ensure accurate order entry, efficient shipment tracking, and timely delivery of products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Complies with the Company’s attendance/tardiness standards as well as all other company policies, procedures, and expected standards of behavior.
- Oversees all shipping and receiving transactions and documentation, including, but not limited to receipts, bills of lading, orders, confirming shipments for clients to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Develops and cultivates a strong relationship with all local clients by responding to all inquiries and concerns regarding work orders, invoices, shipments and inventory counts.
- Ensures that the local Customer Service team properly reconciles all inventory and that any issues are escalated to Operations and/or Senior Management as needed.
- Coordinates special and last minute shipping requests, expediting any order as necessary.
- Manages client information using the applicable WMS.
- Understands and complies with all regulatory shipping documentation requirements.
- Creates and/or oversees that SOP’s are written for all Customer Service processes, procedures, and functions.
- Tracks and addresses all Customer Service misses while working with management to establish a root cause analysis and develop corrective action plan.
- Produces reports as required as Management.
- Fosters a team collaborative environment and partnership, working with Operations Management to provide the best end-to-end service to the client.
- Continuously provides new ideas that promote the efficiency and effectiveness of the Customer Service Department.
- Communicate appropriately and professionally via electronic and traditional means with all clients and co-workers
- Ensure delivery of business products and services within established timeframes. Works to exceed customer expectations.
- Consults, trains, advises and motivates a diverse group of indirect reports in support of Company financial plans, corporate key performance indicators (KPI) and expectations of the Customer Service Department.
This position will oversee direct reports at the company’s Edwardsville, IL location.
In order to perform this job successfully the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements outlined below are representative of the knowledge/skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The ability to use a computer, word processing and spreadsheet software is required.
A Bachelor’s degree at a four-year college or university is strongly preferred.
At least three (3) to five (5) years of experience working as a Customer Service Manager at a warehouse or at a transportation, supply chain or logistics company. A strong background in inventory reconciliation and management is preferred.
Customized Distribution Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.