We are seeking a highly motivated Program Director who is passionate about experiential education.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Director is responsible for managing shipboard programs as well as most areas of Call of the Sea's shore side operations.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide vision and leadership for the educational programs and ensure that onboard programs are high quality and aligned with COTS mission statement
- Interface with clients (educational groups, private charterers and the general public) to book sails, draw up contracts and provide information, support and follow-up.
- Plan programs; maintain and manage boat's schedule including online calendar
- Assist with hiring and managing the vessel's crew
- Plan and lead crew training and bonding
- Work closely with shipboard staff to plan schedules, communicate client needs and expectations, and resolve
- Lead projects to improve and develop This may include curriculum development, coordinating with program partners and the Education Committee of the Board of Directors, and more.
- Track and report on data such as passenger numbers, scholarships given, student/teacher evaluation
- Maintain website, social media, database and mailing
- Coordinate, contribute to, and distribute e-newsletters.
- Maintain media contacts, distribute info, update event websites,
- Be a part of and attend meetings for the Marketing
- Coordinate and attend marketing/publicity events
- Update or create flyers, ads, mailings, as necessary.
- Lead and/or assist with grant writing and follow-up.
- Coordinate youth
- Assist with the annual mailed fundraising
- Process donations along with database entry and acknowledgements/tax receipt
- Support the organization of fundraising events, especially the annual
- Support the formation of fundraising materials.
Finance & Legal
- Process deposits, invoices & basic book keeping entry.
- Assist Executive Director in processing insurance certificates, contracts, et
- Manage and process crew employment paperwork, criminal background checks, etc.
- Manage COTS' Maritime Consortium drug testing program to ensure compliance with regulation
- Coordinate the shipboard volunteer program
- Manage office volunteers.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- non-profit/ outdoor education: 4 years (Preferred)