The Boston office of Weber Shandwick is seeking a Junior Associate to join our team. The Junior Associate will support public relations tasks with a keen understanding of the media landscape, consumer trends and our clients’ business and industry.
The ideal candidate will possess incredibly strong writing skills and familiarity with a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment. He or she will be intimately familiar with current events and news trends and comfortable providing analysis.
Familiarity with social and paid media, as well as digital communications is helpful, along with a demonstrated interest in communications management. Due to the nature of the work, the candidate must have meticulous attention to detail and able and eager to juggle multiple responsibilities.
The role of Junior Associate has a variety of responsibilities integral to maintaining key client relationships and growing the business, including:
• Ongoing monitoring for consumer and media trends that may be relevant to client objectives
• Experience using paid media to drive cross-channel, integrated communications campaigns, including experience with social platforms
• Generating creative program ideas that would result in earned coverage
• Interest in building relationships with influencers and media
• Event and activation planning that aligns with client goals and objectives
• Coordinating with partners or vendors on client programs
• Potential staffing of onsite client events and activations
• Supporting the team in developing a range of communications and research materials for clients as needed
• Compose basic media plans and contribute to plan development processes
• Conducting research and developing background reports
• Maintaining a thorough understanding of client's business and industry
• Ensuring all materials are client-ready (formatted, proofed and typo-free)
• Bachelor's Degree (Communications, PR or related field)
- Internship experience in an agency, with experience in public relations, communications, marketing, advertising or a related field
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Can prioritize multiple tasks and manage time in a consistent manner
- Strong understanding of the digital landscape
- Professional demeanor
- Can meet urgent deadlines consistently
- Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Resourceful and effective problem solver
- Desire to pursue learning and self-development
- Strong awareness and understanding of current events
- Can ask for assistance from other team members
When Weber Shandwick was formed we set out a mission that, by design, has no end date. We committed to be "engaging always." We knew then, and more so now, that being open, aspirational and entrepreneurial is what it takes to engage people and deliver business impact in a rapidly changing environment. Our journey to date might surprise you. From a powerful PR base, we’ve built-in one of the world’s largest, global social agencies. Then we added Mediaco, a pioneering, award-winning content consulting and publishing operation. And today, we continue to lead digital and advertising assignments for some of the world's most enduring companies and social causes.
Along the way, we’ve been validated repeatedly by Ad Age’s “A List,” creative leadership at Cannes Lions and global frontrunner status in the PR category. Yet despite our industry-leading status among marketing services agencies, we're still just getting started. We strive to bring our collective intelligence, open architecture model and continuous learning to our work, not to mention agility required to deliver it. We’re strategists, builders, analysts, producers, designers, creatives, technologists. And we unite around big ideas. So “engaging always.” is really about innovative change. And that's what we continue do every day, adding new dimensions and diverse talent to our mix across our network of more than 81 countries around the world.
We offer an amazing benefits package that includes but is not limited to: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Retirement, Commuter, Gym Reimbursement, PTO, Holiday Pay, a ton of employee discounts with outside vendors and a flexible, friendly, fun work environment.
Weber Shandwick is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
Learn more at www.webershandwick.com