We are looking to hire a talented and professional Glazier to measure, cut, and install glass fittings in homes and businesses. A Glazier’s responsibilities include working with blueprints to cut glass to specifications, assembling and fitting glass in shop windows, sliding doors, display cases, bathroom units, and other home or commercial structures.
To be successful as a Glazier, you should have detailed knowledge of the glass manufacturing and cutting process, have good eye-hand coordination, be able to lift heavy objects, and have excellent communication skills. Ultimately, a top-notch Glazier provides a positive customer experience while constantly meeting high professional standards.
- Interpreting blueprints to determine the shape, size, color and thickness of glass for installation procedures.
- Measuring and marking lines or patterns on glass before cutting.
- Cutting glass to size and specifications in the workshop and on the job site.
- Measuring, cutting and fitting anti-glare film to glass if required.
- Loading glass or mirror fittings onto delivery trucks for transport to job site.
- Driving trucks to job sites and unloading glass and materials.
- Fabricating and installing moldings for glass installation.
- Cutting and removing broken glass prior to new installation.
- Operating hoists or cranes with suction cups to lift heavy glass units.
- Cleaning the job area once glass has been installed and the client is satisfied.
- High school diploma
- Clean Driver's License
- A valid Glazier certification from the National Glass Association.
- 3+ years working as a Glazier or commercial Glazier.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Good communication skills.
- Professional appearance.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations.
- OSHA 10 Required (OSHA 30 Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Glass Installation: 3 years (Preferred)
- construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- caulking and/or air barrier: 3 years (Preferred)
- commercial glazing: 3 years (Preferred)
- glazier: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required