Job Objective: Looking for experience Textile professionals with experience in Woven Materials.Performs process/product system design, mechanical system design and project management functions to support manufacturing operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide process related services in support of equipment design, material construction, installation, implementation, procurement, modifications and relocations.
- Design, implement, and improve fixtures, processes, components, and systems for industrial purposes.
- Determines customer needs and supports product development and system specifications, conceptual designs and detail designs.
- Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications, and related data and drawings to determine factors such as size, shape and arrangement of equipment in cellular design.
- Drafts detailed multi-view drawings of process and subassemblies, including takt time, cycle time, process flow and machine capacity.
- Compiles and analyzes test data to determine effect on product design of various factors such as temperature, humidity, pressures, speed, and tension.
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Develop and execute project plans through direction and coordination of manufacturing, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing resources and activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, performance, cost, and timing requirements.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute, establish, and document compliance with manufacturing production standards and product specifications.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Ensures that designs meet safety and ergonomic requirements. Provide support until all standards are met or exceeded.
- As requested by initiative Champion, assembles and documents project charter requirements including SMART goals, scope, and justification – closely manage charter deliverables and communicate impact of charter revisions to Manager and Champion for review and approval.
- Provide project management services from concept to completion for internally executed and outsourced project work.
- Document and report project status and adherence to plan as requested by Champion.
- Responsible for project and equipment documentation including, but not limited to, drawings, BOMS, PFMEA, Control Plans and Standard Operating and Training procedures.
- Oversee project production efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
- Responsible for start up and commissioning (IQ, OQ, PQ) of all new, modified or relocated equipment and systems.
- Provides equipment operation troubleshooting support as required.
- Performs work within cross function teams across all sectors of the business.
- Performs all work with attention to safety, quality, and ergonomics.
- Responsible for supporting the Policy Commitments of the ISO 14001 Environmental and Safety Management System.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment in accordance with all Safety Procedures and OSHA regulations.
- Job may require some travel to other plant locations, vendors and suppliers.
- 15-20 years plus experience in a design, installation and troubleshooting operational process systems role.
- Experience with equipment similar to those used in Velcro companies operations.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Proficiency with Velcro companies machine controls software/hardware.
- Excellent process and mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and resolve highly complex technical/mechanical issues.
- Demonstrated process design and troubleshooting skills.
- Leadership, teamwork, communication, organizational, project management, and meeting facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects meeting performance requirements within the approved budget, resource allocation, and timing constraints.
- Demonstrated self-paced leaning ability including book, web-based and classroom participation through application of learned methods.
- Working knowledge and utilization of specialty software such as MSProject, AutoCad, Solidworks, etc… as appropriate.
PERKS OF BEING PART OF OUR TEAM:
At Velcro USA Inc., we truly value our employees. We strive to support each and every employee by providing a safe and healthy work environment, challenging and rewarding careers, and opportunities for professional and personal growth. Velcro USA Inc. offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package, and generous time-off designed to meet the needs of our workforce. Advancement and growth opportunities are offered and encouraged to all employees.
Health and Welfare Benefits:
Medical and Prescription Coverage (HSA and HRA Options)
Flexible Spending Accounts
Award Winning Wellness and Incentive Program
Short- and Long-Term Disability
Business Travel Accident Insurance
Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
Retirement Savings Plan
401(k) Saving Plan with generous 5.5% Company match and Immediate Vesting
Paid Vacation Time
Paid Sick Time
Paid Parental Leave
13 Paid Company Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40.00 - $43.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Fabric materials: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person