We Need a formal Application
To apply for this or ANY of our job openings at Utilimaster (Spartan Motors), please visit our website. http://www.spartanmotors.com/about-us/careers/ and fill out an application
This person will be responsible for preparing new and revised technical illustrations, charts, parts lists, for catalogs, technical manuals, user manuals, or other related publications using various software programs. Research CAD drawings, solid models, bills of materials (BOMs), production and prototype trucks, and photos to create documents for post-delivery customers.Supports other Technical Publication projects as necessary.
- Use engineering data to create parts lists with related art for customer facing web-based interface to sell parts and provide repair, trouble-shooting, service, and owners’ information.
- Research and utilize existing illustrations and bills of materials for new art in order to save time and maximize productivity.
- Assist with coordination and tracking documentation with projects, including but not limited to, recalls, campaigns and service bulletins.
- Coordinate labor time guides.
- Create written step-by-step service procedures.
- Interviews engineers, technicians, production personnel, vendors, and other department representatives to become familiar with parts, assemblies, installation, and operation methods.
- Take and edit photos for illustrated manuals and online catalogs.
- Uses numerous database systems and software to both retrieve and export data.
- Compile and enter data, BOMs, and illustrations into desktop publishing software for finished technical documents.
- Interpret and manipulate manufacturer and trade catalogs, engineering schematics, and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
- Work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Proof read co-worker illustrations, BOMs, and written documents.
- Familiar with InDesign, SolidWorks, Composer, CAD software, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, PDF Writer, Outlook, and data base software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with team members in and outside of the department.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Personality for consistency, continuous improvement, revision-proofing documents, and reducing waste.
- Able to read blue prints and draw with 3D CAD or Solidworks system.
- Knowledge of custom or OEM chassis, fire truck bodies and apparatus, or van bodies.
- Product knowledge of the operation and assembly of chassis (brakes and steering components), body, and fire apparatus.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Familiarity of the automotive, trucking, or heavy equipment industries a plus.
Spartan Motors Inc. an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Solid Modeling software experienc OR Technical Illustration: 1 year (Required)