The Best Western Bemidji located in Bemidji, MN is currently seeking a General Manager. This is an exceptional opportunity for qualified candidates. Candidate must have a proven track record of successfully managing a hotel's overall operation, successful budget controls while meeting all necessary quality standards; ability to maximize all revenues; and the desire to develop team members, while creating a motivating work environment and exceeding guest service scores.
SUMMARY: To maximize the financial performance of the hotel by providing the highest possible quality of guest service and product, by fostering a positive work environment for all employees, and by developing and implementing an aggressive sales and marketing plan.
Supervise and develop the performance of all operating departments including, but not limited to: Telephone, Reservations, Front Office, Guest Services, Housekeeping, Security and Maintenance to insure the highest possible levels of guest satisfaction in a cost efficient manner.
Develop, implement, monitor and execute a comprehensive sales and marketing plan that results in optimum rate and occupancy for the hotel. Meet or exceed established budgetary guidelines for the hotel.
This position requires the performance of technical and administrative duties including writing and reviewing reports (occupancy, yield management, capital planning, payroll, accounts payable, daily cash reports, etc.)
Interviewing, hiring, coaching and counseling department managers in the efficient operation of their respective areas.
Regular ongoing monitoring of staff to ensure the adherence to pre-established policies and procedures; delegation of duties; daily property inspections; active participation in community affairs; and willingness and ability to engage in effective communication with corporate staff and property owners.
Develop and supervise programs that promote a positive work environment for all employees while ensuring that all employment-related processes and documentation are in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
Weekly forecasting and planning of operating, staffing, and cost expenditures, to correspond to forecasted sales and costs. Develop action plans to maximize occupancy and to maximize average rate.
Assure regular repair, upkeep, and overall general maintenance of the hotel and provide a system of on-going maintenance of facilities and equipment.
Develop a high employee morale and loyalty to the hotel and to the company in order to reduce turnover and increase productivity. Communicate, counsel and assist in staff development.
Through leadership and example, establish a friendly, courteous, service-oriented culture that is exhibited by all hotel employees. Establish and implement guest service standards for all departments; periodically review, and identify problems and initiate corrective actions.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to effectively select, motivate, develop and retain staff
- Must have a history of consistently exceeding revenue and guest expectations with strong budgetary, forecasting, cost control skills and ability to effectively close sales
- Ability to manage change effectively with clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Team building effectiveness with superb organizational skills to include time management, delegation and managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Good knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office Programs; diplomacy skills and ability to build effective relationship
- Hotel accounting principles, maintenance and repair, housekeeping and general cleaning, front office procedures, yield management, and safety and security to enhance the overall product
- Ability to create a fun, rewarding and professional work environment
- Sales and marketing for rooms
Minimum qualifications include but are not limited to:
- General hotel experience.
- Previous experience as a GM or AGM.
- Educational degree in hospitality/hotel, business management, or a related field.
- Proven and previously demonstrated success in achieving or exceeding annual goals and metrics related to guest service (e.g. check in experience, guest loyalty, overall satisfaction, can-do attitude, functioning in the guest room, etc), employee satisfaction, financial results and revenue/yield management.
Language Skills: Ability to read, write, analyze, and clearly communicate goal and achievements, as well as problems and solutions, to hotel staff and upper management. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to build a strong and successful organization through leadership and teamwork.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person