DataBank is a leading serviceprovider of enterprise class services aimed at providing 100% uptime andavailability of customer data, applications, and equipment. DataBank’s manageddata center services are built around its world-class facilities, multi-homedInternet access hub, and multi-terabyte storage area network. We provide aredundant managed colocation environment for companies wishing to outsourcetheir entire computer room infrastructure. This environment consists of space,power and network transport services.
Candidatesmust have the ability to prioritize projects and/or tasks. This positionrequires work to be performed after business hours. On-Call is required on arotational basis. In the case of outages, the candidate must be able to workalone or within a team environment until the problem is resolved. These eventsmay or may not be during the normally scheduled on-call duty
- Assistthe VP of Engineering with personnel recruitment for the department. This mayinclude working with recruiters, fielding candidates, interviewing candidatesand providing feedback to the VP of Engineering.
- Assistthe VP of Engineering with the technical training, mentoring and coaching ofexisting engineering staff
- Developand cultivate strategic relationships that benefit the Engineering departmentand the organization.
- Researchand development of products based on market and technology needs
- Researchand development of new processes, procedures, and technologies that impactDataBank business operations and efficiencies
- Assistwith the deployment, implementation, and maintenance of diverse client systemsincluding Windows, Linux, and VMware
- Assistwith the deployment, implementation, and maintenance of core infrastructure andservices that continues to grow under DataBank’s management
- Understandclient/stakeholder needs and create a coherent technology vision to meet/exceedtheir respective expectations.
- Meetproject deadlines and manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous projectswhile adhering to a time allocation model
- Leadthe design, implementation and maintenance of software.
- Assessthe scope and impact of incidents and respond, with a sense of urgency thatmatches the incident, following appropriate policies and procedures
- Effectivelycommunicate at all levels of the organization.
- Managethrough conflict and challenging situations with positive outcomes for theclients and company.
- Makedecisions and judgments based on standard procedures.
- Abilityto multi-task, prioritize, manage workload and adapt to changing businessconditions.
- Activelyparticipate on the IT Leadership team, collaborating with peers on steady stateas well as strategic direction.
- Abilityto create and communicate a clear business case justifying project, team, andtechnology costs.
- Providecontinuous improvement regarding the quality of delivered services.
- Demonstratecritical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proventrack record to build of new public, private and hybrid cloud compute andstorage infrastructure from POC to launch and provide ongoing maintenance
- Developand propose Managed Hosting standards and best practices for processes, Assistclients with technical and troubleshooting design issues
- Respondor be available immediately to any system failures, 24x7, after-hours orotherwise
- Authentication/IdentityManagement, Patching/Package Management and standard technology stacks used inthe industry today.
- Awide spectrum of technologies which include but are not limited to: EnterpriseStorage and Server Platforms, Linux servers, Collaboration, high availabilitysolutions, and virtualization technologies.
- Infrastructurecomponents from key vendors including Cisco, Citrix, Dell, F5, HP, Juniper andNimble.
- Enterpriseproduction processes, including developing product guides, assetmanagement, data protection, capacity management, performance management, andlifecycle management.
- HeavyAutomation experience
- EnterpriseSystem Management tools.
- ActiveDirectory Group Policies and LDAP authentication to include softwaredeployment, security settings, and application settings.
- Provideexceptional customer service via telephone, e-mail, and face-to-face
- Bachelor’sDegree in Information Technology and/or Computer Science preferred. Equivalentwork experience can be substituted for college education.
- Ten(10) plus years of experience designing, building, supporting and resolvingcomplex issues in an enterprise-class cloud architecture in a mission-criticalenvironment.
- Aminimum of five (5) years in an enterprise class VMware environment.
- Aminimum of five (5) years in CISCO UCS (Blade & Chassie).
- Aminimum of five (5) years enterprise-class experience with Nimble, Dell and/orNetApp storage arrays.
- Certificationswithin the engineering discipline and IT industry (ITIL, CISSP, CCIE,MCSA/MCSE, RHCE, AWS Pro, VCAP, GCP and Azure certifications) are highlydesired.
- IntermediateKnowledge in Amazon Web services components including EC2, CloudFormation, S3,EBS, Cloudtrail
- Deepunderstanding of cloud security concepts including Firewall, VPC’s, Encryption,Authentication and Authorization (SSO, Active Directory/LDAP etc.) strategies
- Additionalexperience with other major cloud providers including AWS, Google CloudPlatform and Azure highly desired
- Experiencewith Third Party Cloud Automation, Platform Management and Cost managementtools are highly desired
- Enterpriseproductization processes, including developing product guides, assetmanagement, data protection, capacity management, performance management, andlifecycle management.
- EnterpriseSystem Management tools.
- Strongworking knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, and SSL
- Experiencesupporting an environment with multiple dependencies
- Health,Vision and Dental Insurance Packages
- Short-Termand Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401kwith company match
- 3weeks’ Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
DataBank’sVMware Engineer is responsible for leading the architecture / design, build,maintenance and troubleshooting of both public and private cloud infrastructureand related systems. This is a senior technical leadership role that willassist the VP of Engineering in mentoring, coaching and evaluating the otherengineering staff to ensure the department is meeting the company’s goals andobjectives.
Asa member of the engineering team, you will collaborate with other highlyskilled technical staff who are responsible for engineering of the cloudcompute, storage, backup and OS / application layers of DataBank’s overallproduct stack and internal systems. This hands-on technical role will requiredaily interaction with cloud compute platforms and their related systems. Thisposition’s primary responsibilities will be to design systems and products forimplementing, monitoring, and maintaining our diverse core infrastructure tomeet and exceed the SLA requirements of the company as well as develop industrybest practices and procedures for operation of a multi datacenter environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- VMWare: 5 years (Required)
- CISCO UCS: 5 years (Required)
- eterprise-class with Nimble, Dell or NetApp: 5 years (Required)
- designing, building: 10 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply