Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories PSS is searching for a Live Virus Vaccine Scientist in West Point, PA.
Live Virus Vaccine Technical Operations responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
The ideal candidate would possess :
- Perform tissue culture based experiments on live vaccine products, process intermediates, and related experimental samples
- Prepare solutions and culture media
- Maintain multiple cell lines
- Maintain records and test results following good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Management of lab supplies and raw materials
- Work independently and efficiently
- Document work clearly and perform tests accurately
- Communicate effectively with client staff members
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
- At least two years related laboratory experience including aseptic and cell culture techniques either in a lab scale or pilot scale setting
- General laboratory skills, including experience with pipettes
- Experience using formulas and linking spreadsheets in Excel
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Bachelor's degree in in Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or Biological Sciences, or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
- Ability to work weekends and overnight hours as needed
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of West Point Pennsylvania are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.lancasterlabs.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.