Applied Engineering, Inc. is accepting application for a Prototype Technician/Machinist in Gwinner, ND. The Prototype Technician/Machinist is responsible for supporting the prototyping process through manufacturing of prototype components, procurement/inventory management of components, assembly, rework/repair, equipment maintenance, quality verification, and documentation of machine history. In addition, the Prototype Technician will be responsible for providing prototype feedback to the design and manufacturing teams and general facility maintenance/upkeep.
Prototype Technician – Machinist Responsibilities:
- Utilize machining processes and CAM software to develop, build, and utilize specific fixtures
- Write programs for CNC controls
- Collaborate with design and test engineers on prototype vehicles and communicate project process
- Test equipment and determine quality of product through utilization of mechanical tools
- Document work completed and techniques used in work order after project completion.
- Interpret prints and assembly drawings to ensure parts and/or machines meet specifications
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on facilities and equipment
- Utilize CAD software to view and interpret design
Prototype Technician – Machinist Qualifications:
- Associates degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school or equivalent work experience
- Experience in fabrication, welding, assembly preferred
- Strong applied mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Acquired knowledge to read and interpret technical engineering documents and drawings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- An enhanced attention to details.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Valid drivers’ license required